Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30 for October. Who's in?! page 3

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been having difficulty after I finish a whole30. I was paleo beforehand, completed a few whole30s, but I feel when I stop w the whole30 I loose control. I don't overeat or binge, but feel like I've failed when I go back to the regular paleo lifestyle.... I know SOOO ridiculous!

So I'll probably join up for oct 1-20. My husbands returning from a tour in Afghanistan sometime in oct so I'll "loosen" up upon his return!

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    I think I can do this! I need to become better about my exercising and this may just be my ticket to making sure exercise becomes more of a priority for me. As for the food part, dairy is my only real hitch...I can clarify my butter, eliminate the cheeses, but he heavy cream in my coffee will be another thing. I have eliminated all dairy for a long time and then reintroduced those three things without noticing any differences in how I was feeling. So, in the spirit of the Whole 30, I will attempt to cut back on that too. No hard promises on it, though.
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I have too many events in October, so I don't think I can be in, but I'll follow the thread.
    btw, if anyone has a way to do the equivalent of sprinting indoors, then we can do this during a duller month. Stair running perhaps?
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Oooo, count me in. I've been trying to be more regular about getting my exercise in, but I haven't been very consistent. This is just what I need. Thanks!

Like you mentioned, I'll do a "Primal 30" be strict with the foods that allergic triggers for me.

heatherdarbs Guest
    I'm in

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    I am most definitely In!

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Not just whole 30, but whole 30 with Primal Fitness! A simple commitment, experiment, for October to get outside if possible and enjoy the last nice weather before freezing time. I'm diving in on Oct. 1st. Sprinting every week, the whole deal. Who's with me?!

Introducing Primal Blueprint Fitness | Mark's Daily Apple

The Whole30, Version 4.0 | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    One question - does that mean ghee is out? I just started my IF with bulletproof coffee and it works really well for me...so no ghee (dairy), huh?

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Heather, if something works for you, don't stop it only because some website says so.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I have too many events in October, so I don't think I can be in, but I'll follow the thread.
    btw, if anyone has a way to do the equivalent of sprinting indoors, then we can do this during a duller month. Stair running perhaps?
    stair sprints are good for getting that running style of sprinting. jump squats are pretty effective too. when it's cold and snowy out, i usually bang out intervals on my stationary bike, or do a 10x10 burpee session.

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Heather, if something works for you, don't stop it only because some website says so.
    Reality check - duh...thank you

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast