Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 30 for October. Who's in?! page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    I like the fitness commitment. But there is no way I'm doing keto without my high fat dairy options like mascarpone. I have quit dairy entirely for long stretches and know that these things do me no harm whatsoever. And who ever said you had to give up nuts? Is that seriously part of the purist whole 30? You can't make fat bread without nuts. Oh and there I go "paleofying" a non paleo food yada yada. Slippery slope, yada yada. Sorry, I can see how this matters for a newbie to break old bad habits but I'm really kinda past that now. Been at this a while.

So, if you will have me for the fitness challenge, I'm in but I'm not going to be a diet purist about things that aren't important for me. (I am a diet purist enough already about eating PB. I don't even eat chocolate or drink any booze at all anymore.)

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'm good on the food, too. I've just been lazy and letting stress get to me instead of working it out like I was a few months ago.

Let's face it, we each have our own dietary whole 30 in mind. Mine has liver in it, and reduced egg consumption to avoid inflammation, no dairy, no nightshades, bread or other grains, very little or no sugar at all - I think I'll even give up coffee this time and just have green tea. But as for getting off my butt and keeping a decent fitness routine, I haven't been! And I don't know why, but I have a faint lupus-like redness on my face that I haven't seen for a very long time, probably stress-induced. So DAILY MEDITATION in also on the menu for me!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I'm gathering up food like a busy squirrel this time of year. Freezer full of fabulous beef from la Cense and scallops & salmon from Vital Choice. Kroger is selling org chicken now, Simple Truth brand, it's so good, so we're set for meats and seafood. I did find a wonderful chicken farm where eggs are so much better than store bought, even DH could tell a big difference.

Re-stocked my beloved ghee and avocado oil.. Have plenty of olive oil and olives, coconut in all forms.. Big, new can of macadamias, walnuts and brazil nuts.

Coolest thing: I made one end of the basement into a pretty Awesome root cellar. I want a real one dug so bad, DH says basement same as, so I've stocked it like my grandma would've. It doesn't smell like good earth like hers but will do for now.

Farmer John friend gave us a bushel basket full of sweet potatoes, beets, onions & different squashes. At the bottom of the basket he had jars of his famous tomatoes, peaches, pickles and some jam for DH and his love for buttered biscuits.
    Last edited by JudyCr; 09-22-2012 at 06:23 AM.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Freezer holding some org Brussels sprouts, broccoli, spinach, asparagus & green beans. Some Organic Valley cheese and all colors org bell peppers in fridge now. I eat a bell pepper a day, cooked in eggs/meats or raw in salads.

I grow arugula outside for now but it does great all winter from seed in the greenhouse. I'll buy avocados weekly, usually 4/wk, also a bag of org limes a week for green tea ( Ito en oi ocha Japanese dark)and to toss inside when roasting or grilling whole chickens.

It's a gorgeous Saturday morning, 2 miles treadmill done already, now time for yard work and playing with pooches, may wash my car while DH cleans pool.

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    I'm in! My goal this time is to REALLY focus on getting to the gym. To not count calories or track macros and REALLY listen to the type of food my body is asking for. I did the focusing on high fat thing and it just hasn't worked for me in the way that just being more relaxed about it is. My goal essentially is to quit fighting this crap and find a primal happy place that I can stick to for a lifestyle change. My body isn't letting go of any weight right now anyway since I"m healing on a hormone level, that now is a good time to just force myself to relax a bit. Which seems counter intuitive for a whole 30 but for me this would be a very big deal!

lowcarbjas is offline Member
    I'm in! Giving up tea and red wine is going to kill me off, but I need to give it a real go! I've got to up my exercise game too!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'm good on the food, too. I've just been lazy and letting stress get to me instead of working it out like I was a few months ago.

Let's face it, we each have our own dietary whole 30 in mind. Mine has liver in it, and reduced egg consumption to avoid inflammation, no dairy, no nightshades, bread or other grains, very little or no sugar at all - I think I'll even give up coffee this time and just have green tea. But as for getting off my butt and keeping a decent fitness routine, I haven't been! And I don't know why, but I have a faint lupus-like redness on my face that I haven't seen for a very long time, probably stress-induced. So DAILY MEDITATION in also on the menu for me!
    Me too. I've been taking care of some health issues with my Dad lately and I've been letting that stress me out. I can still do LHT workouts at home and run sprints in the street. I can't be gone for the all day hikes I used to do but shorter walks would be fine. I just need to get more consistent with it.

Lorena is offline Junior Member
    I'm definately in. I have to be.
    Back in May I moved into a house with a bunch of people, and there is ALWAYS junk food around (and so I've been cheating frequently, especially late at night when I get home from work and there is a cabinet of cookies calling to me). Furthermore, it's been harder to make paleo meals based on organic, grassfed foods because when I cook, I have to cook for everyone (which is expensive), and most of the people here really don't care at all about nutrition or health. But anyway, my 30 days will consist of cleaning up my act and getting back to basics. I've been feeling pretty crappy lately, so I will be incorporating some anti-candida practices as well (antifungals like garlic and oil of oregano, prebiotics, probiotics). My main goal is to stop eating at night (after dinner -- paleo or otherwise) because that's when I crave sugar and tend to binge on either cookies or paleo sweets like coconut milk mixed with cocoa powder and stevia. As far as fitness, I do HIIT (Bodyrock, Zuzkalight, there's a girl named Chelsea on YouTube that used to do real time Bodyrock workouts but has since started her own workouts), but not on a regular basis. I want to do 10 min a day everyday. I plan to buy more sand for my sandbag (to concentrate more on lifting heavy), and start weekly sprints. Sleeping has been an issue since the beginning of the month when I started this semester of classes. I have some early morning classes that really don't go well with my late night work schedule. I tend to sleep late on days I don't have to get up or take naps between class and work on the days that I do, but I've generally been feeling pretty tired. Coupled with poor eating and irregular workouts...Thankfully, my work is entirely "moving at a slow pace" (I bartend).

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    I'm in. I drink my coffee black half the time anyway, but I will miss my full fat yogurt. And I've been doing convict conditioning for about a month, I'll also do mark's workouts also to mix it up. I guess my basset hound will do for a sandbag. He resembles and usually acts like one.

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    I'll give it a go! Will *try* to reduce coffee consumption, up the tea if I have to, stop it with the yogurts ( The only ones I can find are o% fat), and lay it off with the sweeteners. Maybe I can limit eating out to avoid excess oils. I think I just need the motivation to tweak those little slips, which to me are so difficult to eliminate.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast