Thread: Greetings from New Zealand page

lokinz is offline Junior Member

Smile Greetings from New Zealand

Primal Fuel
    Hey all,

I started on the Primal diet 5days ago and it's working well so far, I've lost 5kg (11lb) already just 31 (68) to go.

I'm finding that I'm not as hungry anymore and tend to eat smaller portion sizes. Also finding that I get very thirsty so am consuming a lot of water. (I assume this is normal)

I'm not really one for exercise so I haven't got to the lifting heavy things and sprinting yet.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    lokinz - welcome to this wonderful world of MDA. YOu will get all sorts of fantastic support here, and any questions that you would like answered - throw it out there. Someone somewhere will have an answer !!!!!
    What part of our beautiful country are you in ???

Gwamma
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Lokinz, you have made a great start. Keep up the good work, one day you'll probably start exercising too and you won't know yourself. I now find I actually miss my exercise if I don't get it, yet I have never been "sporty" at all. I just like the way I feel afterwards, lol.

lokinz is offline Junior Member
    I'm from the Wairarapa.

I do have a question, If I'm wanting to loose weight is it ok to eat fruit for a meal, like a fresh fruit salad for breakfast? Or am I better to stick with other things?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Lokinz, I am cutting my fruit way down, because i am trying to lose another 18 kg. I find that fruit has too much sugar. However having said that, in the first few weeks you can just about eat anything primal and the weigt seems to fall off ! BUT once your body starts to stabilize their can be stalls. That is when you need to readjust, reassess etc... A good journal to read is Paleobirds "eat moar fat "
    It has some interesting discussions around the fat topic.
    Anyway good luck.
    Do you have any reference books ?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Nice to mee you men

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!!

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    In my experience I found to lose weight easily it was best to keep carbs low, including fruit. So I would breakfast on eggs and maybe some veges or bacon. I have also found it's easier to keep the next meal both primal and low carb when I do this at the start of the day. I would limit fruit to maybe one piece a day during the fat loss phase, unless maybe you are especially active.

However, there's nothing non-primal about fruit, it is natural, healthy and delicious, and now that I have lost the weight I needed to, I use fruit for desserts and sometimes snacks. I still don't really eat it for breakfast though.