Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help - Primal foods are messing with my stomach page 2

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Could the broccoli and cauliflower be giving you gas? Are you eating them raw or cooked? Also, primal/paleo is not all about vegetables.
    This is what I was thinking. A lot of people experience some form of abdominal discomfort about eating Broccoli and Cauliflower.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I know this is heresy here, but in the beginning, maybe ease into the large fat intake recommended. Even after months on this way of eating (which I love) I know that if I'm eating a particularly fatty cut of meat that day, I'm not going to feel good if I add butter to every cup of coffee, every veggie, etc., that day. I've increased my fat intake quite a bit over time, but if I'd have started out as high as I am now (which is still lower than recommended), I'd have lost weight from puking rather than eating well.

But the cauliflower and brocolli are the big gassies for many people. Change some stuff up and see how it goes.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Fermented veggies causing problems? I've heard of & known people w/ health issues like but not limited to yeast/candida overgrowth, not tolerating certain fermented foods/ But other than those type people, never have I heard or read anything like what you assert.

Please post links to WAPF & Chris Kresser's website to back up your claims.
    To back up my claims I can posts links to several stomachs I am familiar with.
    I would also claim that during day there is light and that during night it is dark and link to brains (not totally empty brains of course)

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    I would also claim that during day there is light and that during night it is dark and link to brains (not totally empty brains of course)
    huh?
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

amerikian is offline Junior Member
    Suggestion: Get a blender and make green smoothies with the same veggies you're having a hard time digesting. Drink at least 1/day.
    SW (207lbs) 8/1/2012
    CW (188lbs)
    Primal Since 8/1/2102

Bike commute to work 20 miles/day ~ rain, shine, or snow.

Quote Originally Posted by amerikian View Post
    Suggestion: Get a blender and make green smoothies with the same veggies you're having a hard time digesting. Drink at least 1/day.
    American, are you saying that juice is better for let's say people with ulcers, gastritis etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    huh?
    I have no patience for constant illiterate and pretentious pseudoacademic "linking."
    Go and ask someone with an ulcer whether he feels better after eating creme fraiche, boiled egg, chicken, potato .. whatever or after eating "fermented" with tons of salt vegetables.
    Last edited by anna5; 09-21-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Have you been there long enough to adapt to the local bacteria? If you're new it might be this. One thing you should be able to get there is full fat yogurt or lebneh. Mix in some crushed fresh mint. With cucumber added this is known as jajeek or tzatziki. This is commonly eaten in the middle east and should help to settle your stomach. Also suddenly increasing your fat intake, like olive oil, can cause problems. Try to work it up gradually or get more fat from fatty meats, like lamb and goat instead.

amerikian is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    American, are you saying that juice is better for let's say people with ulcers, gastritis etc.?
    Nope. Just saying the OP should try it. Its a much more efficient way to get veggies into your system. Sitting down and chomping on a pile of spinach, collard greens, avocado, tomatoes, and a pear takes quite a bit of time and is still not chewed as fine as a blender makes it. Blenders do the chewing for you basically and way better. Just my opinion - of course i still eat veggies normally in addition to green smoothies. I have no experience with ulcers, gastritis, etc..
    SW (207lbs) 8/1/2012
    CW (188lbs)
    Primal Since 8/1/2102

Bike commute to work 20 miles/day ~ rain, shine, or snow.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you. But can we be sure that cavemen were using blenders?
    Here is a link to Kresser on vegetables.
    http://chriskresser.com/got-digestiv...on-the-veggies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast