If anyone mentioned this then I apologize for re-posting. For those, like me, who have a strong dislike for the taste of calf/beef liver, try soaking the liver in lemon juice.

Just bought this book: Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats: Sally Fallon,Mary Enig: 9780967089737: Amazon.com: Books

In the book she explains a way to reduce the strong "liverly" flavor of beef liver. I decided to brave it and give it a whirl. I soaked my calf liver (100% grass fed, fresh) in lemon juice (completely covered, about 1/2-1 whole lemon) for 5-6 hours in the refrigerator, covered.. You can go anywhere from 2-12 for less/more purity.

I couldn't believe how much more palatable the liver was! It was so easy to eat, and almost enjoyable! I even ate part of it raw, which didn't taste as bad, either. Usually I'm gagging and choking my way through a liver, but not this time! I scarfed that baby down. I didn't even put much on it, in terms of spices/oils. I just fried a bit of garlic, shallots and topped it with EVOO and salt. Couldn't imagine how good it would taste in a pate.

Anyways, I guess the lemon juice sort of draws or siphons out the impurities, improving the taste of the liver. So, for those who want to add any kind of liver to their diet and somewhat enjoy the taste, try soaking it in lemon juice and see if it helps!

Let me know what you all think.

-Ryan