Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Started Out as a Normal VLC Day... page 2

momrn is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Totally agree that VLC primal can help folks heal from unhealthy eating habits. *raises hand joyfully!* The key word is heal. In all healing, there are setbacks. This was a setback, not a return to your old ways.

Be good to yourself! Vent for sure, it's healthy. But know you can *heal* from this with time and determination and a deep love for your own health.

I sound like a kook, but I don't care. It's a long journey for some of us and we need to be reminded to love ourselves a little bit.

All you hunky 2% body fat young dudes feel free to roll your eyes at me...but maybe take your shirt off first!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hi Lawyerchick. Moving on is the most important part - don't forget that you might be hungrier than usual for the next 48 hours or so, and plan plenty of great eats that fit with your own specific plan. My go-to at times like that involves extra coconut oil and some bacon!!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

oxide is offline Senior Member
    "Unhealthy relationship with food" is far too harsh. What if it's cortisol from non-Grok stress?

Lawyerchick, if you're on 30 g carb, that's a HUGE improvement over the constant hard-candy snacking!

I'm thinking many you need an occasional carb day? 30 g is hard to sustain day after day after day after day. Just call it a "carb refeed" and start again tomorrow.

I've been slipping very badly myself, and have the bloat to prove it. And I'm not on VLC; I'm trying to stick to about 80 g carbs. I have to start again tomorrow too...
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Some days I am just hungrier than others. And some days I am not. It sort of seems to work itself out. I try not to eat non-Primal, but it happens. There is the 80/20 rule. I strive for 100 but know I sometimes fall short. And when I do, I just decided that I have to accept the consequences, bloat and all, and not bitch about it. (not saying you are, I am talking about myself) I just have to accept it and move on. I am learning that sometimes it just isnt worth it.

The first time I actually carbed it up, was going out to eat after months of being a good girl, and weight loss slowing down, and after that episode, I actually lost weight.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    awww thanks for the support guys! <3

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Hang in there, Lawyerchick. We all have these days. Just be careful with yourself tomorrow, so that it ends today. I would suggest a large protein and fat meal to start with, so you stop any rollercoastering in its tracks.
    +10 (speaking from experience)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12