Thread: Rachel's Primal Reboot page

rachi is offline Junior Member

Rachel's Primal Reboot

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi, I'm a 21 year old university student from the UK, and I'm looking to improve (or "reboot"!) my life in a variety of different ways.

1) Diet- I'm a bit of a binge eater. I have experimented with paleo before and the longest I have gone without a binge was a month, whilst I was eating paleo. So I think eating primal/paleo could be the best solution for me. I am aware I will probably falter and struggle with cravings a lot, but I'm determined to work through them this time and not give in!

2) Fitness- I love sport, but I've recently got a bit tubby due to poor diet and reduced exercise over the holiday. I hate hate hate feeling unfit, so it's time to get back into shape.

3) Mental health- My course at university is intense and difficult. And I cope poorly with stress (comfort eating, procrastination when it comes to work). I am a major worrier. My goal this year (and really for the rest of my life) is to manage my work better and learn not to take it all so seriously! Also I MUST get more sleep.

I think these goals are enough to be going on with for now. I will be logging my diet (and occasionally, and my weight), and taking progress photos from time to time- although I will probably not post them.

I will also be writing about stuff related to all three focus points above. This blog will mainly be for my own reference and record but any input is welcome of course I am excited to get going tomorrow!
    Last edited by rachi; 09-27-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Starting weight: 74kg

Had a bit of a false start yesterday so decided to start fresh today. Had an awesome steak for dinner.

Day 3 done and dusted. Didn't get round to any exercise- was planning a longish walk but that got cut short by the rain Food was all good though, loving how satisfied I feel after every meal.

Day 6:
    I'm looking forward to getting back to uni on Monday so I can incorporate more sprinting into my exercise plan. So far I've just been going for short to medium length walks and doing some weight work. Tonight I am cooking and eating liver for the first time... hopefully I will like it!

I had a few urges to eat crap when I was in town today, but they weren't proper cravings (more like a force of habit) and I had no real trouble ignoring them.

I've been using that paleo tracker website to keep a log of what I'm eating. In a few weeks' time I will probably stop logging if I've got the hang of it and I'm still feeling good.
    Last edited by rachi; 09-27-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Week one down, and I'm feeling good!

So far I have experienced only one lot of real cravings (yesterday I wanted a of big bowl of granola with milk- the sort of thing that I often binge on), but they were still pretty mild, and went away quite quickly when I reminded myself of my new way of eating and how grotty and guilty I would probably feel after consuming it.

Exercise wise I am looking forward to doing more sprint work next week, but feel I have been doing a enough to keep myself "ticking over".

Overall I am feeling well and far less bloated than at the start of the week. I'll probably weigh myself again later in the week.

I am reading Gary Taubes' "Why we get fat" at the moment, and finding it very interesting! I feel like my eyes have been opened to a whole new way of looking at the world of food, health and nutrition since I first started researching and practicing a bit of Paleo a few months back.

Just started day 11.
    I weighed in this morning at 69.7kg- a loss of about 4 kg over 10 days! I have a feeling much of that was water weight but certainly not all. And this is despite have two mini nut binges over the past 2 days (purely emotional eating as I have just moved back to uni and I always find it a little tricky to adjust at first)

Onwards and upwards! (Although over the next couple of days I know I will be drinking a bit more than I should, so I'm not sure I will lose quite so much in the next 10 days. I'll just have to wait and see I guess.)

Had a very bad day food wise. It's my birthday, so I thought I'd splash out on some cake. But I realise now I jsut can't control myself once the sugar cravings take over and ended up eating A LOT of junk. It was awful, and didn't even taste very good either. My weight loss will definitely be stalling this week then!

On the other hand, I have been put off doing the same thing again as it so is not worth it. I am actually craving paleo food right now!