About 2 months ago I decided to try a low-carb diet after years of 'watching what I ate' and working out like a maniac with my goal no where in sight. Searching for info on low-carb I stumbled upon MDA. Since then I have been reading Mark's daily articles and forum posts learning as much as I can. Didn't take more than a day or two of reading to decide this is the way of life I want to follow. So many success stories, and not just with pounds lost, but health!

I've never had any health problems (I'm 37), but I do need to lose weight. 2 months ago I weighed 224 (5'8"). I've always been active in sports, and worked out daily most of my life. My diet was high-carb, low fat. I never used butter, I removed the skin off the chicken, I ate salads with fat-free dressing, actually if anything came in a fat-free version - thats what I used. I was tired. I got moody. I drank too much. I abused caffiene. Sometimes I think I was depressed. But I thought I was healthy

So...2 months living Primal. OMG I feel awesome - for real this time!!!!

I feel the same the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed. It's like I am in a steady-state of perfect. I'm not tired. I'm not moody. I can go hours without eating and not feel like sh**. I don't crave a drink. I am happy! I feel like a calm has come over me...it's kind of weird to explain (like the planets have aligned[hormones maybe])but it's good!

The first month was not quite as grand. I had a headache for 2 weeks. I could hardly make it through a work-out that most days I could have done 3x in a row with no problem. My legs hurt walking up a flight of stairs. Carb-flu people! Don't let it break you. Stick with it. It will pass and you will feel awesome (that's my advice to newbie's newer than me).

Oh yeah, the weightloss part...

I've lost some weight. Today I weighed 216. But that's really a bonus to how GOOD I feel. For year's I stressed over the scale. Even the first month of Primal I stressed over the scale - weighing myself every day and saying 'why haven't i lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks like the others!' But with Month 2 and the 'calm' I'm not even stressed over the # on the scale anymore (weigh myself like 1-2x week lately). Weird, i know! I feel like it will just happen if I continue to follow this path.

Another awesome bonus...

Walked by the mirror today naked and I look thinner, like a lot thinner. I knew my clothes were fitting better/baggier but with scale only 8 lbs lighter didn't think much of it. I think it's time for me to do some pics for before/after progress pics!

I find myself wanting to tell EVERYONE about Primal. But people don't really want to hear it, as they are eating their toast and oatmeal in the morning, or burgers with bun and fries and soda at lunch, so i will wait until they ask what I'm doing. Since I can't tell them - I'm telling you

So thrilled to have found this site

Stacy