Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not 'leaning out' like i had hoped! page 3

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    PHaselow, I just wanted to tell you that you have a pretty high level of commitments, and it will be hard, of course, but i hope you can make it! I always feel that I can face the challenges better when my body is under control. You can do it!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    PHaselow, I just wanted to tell you that you have a pretty high level of commitments, and it will be hard, of course, but i hope you can make it! I always feel that I can face the challenges better when my body is under control. You can do it!
    Well, thank you. I needed that.

Got my period last night. For sure the reason why I felt bloated, since my stomach has flattened out already. Amazing how eating primal changed things. I went from being solidly in perimenopause (very irregular periods; skipping 2-3 months at a time) to back in the game (monthly periods for the past 3 months)! I am very, very happy about this and it makes me even more dedicated to sticking it out. Like you said, it makes me feel under control!

Honestly, it isn't about the weight loss and the leaning out in the long run. I just had an image of what this lifestyle change was going to do to my body. That unrealistic vision is a throw-back to my old eating disorder ways. Expectations only set me up to fail when they are not met within my time frame.

I want this to be my last experiment. I love the PB attitude and I love the enthusiasm, sarcasm and contentment of the long time Primal people I've run across in my few short months. Hell, I look better than the average 47 yr old so I should be happy!

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    There are two types of fat cell receptors that control the release and storage of fat in cells: alpha-2 adrenoreceptors (storage) and beta-2 adrenoreceptors (release). Women have NINE times as many alpha-2 cells in their lower body (belly, hips, thighs) as in the top part of their bodies (which the exception being upper arms). This is why it's very typical for women to lose weight from the top half of their bodies while the excess fat in the belly or thighs won't budge.

The only thing that I've seen work for me, with regards to reducing fat from these stubborn areas is using Cold Thermogenesis. There's a ton of info on the Cold Water thread. I've been doing cold water baths and spot icing on my abdomen for months, and I am seeing a noticeable improvment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123