Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long til you didn't want breakfast?

Shop Now
    i love breakfast. if i skip a meal, it's usually lunch or dinner.
    Last edited by jakey; 09-20-2012 at 01:21 PM.

It took me about 3 months of primal eating to reach the point of not being hungry in the AM. I was not familiar with IF at the time, it was just natural to skip breakfast. I have since gone to eating just dinner, as late in the evening as possible to control some of my night binge issues, and it seems to be working. I am full of energy during the day and sleep like a baby.
    SW on 10/1/11: 380lbs.
    CW 12/13/12: 315lbs. (Was under 300#, added some muscle :-) )
    GW: 10% B.F. 250lbs. - 275lbs. (6' 4" tall)

A few days. That want for food never really goes away, who could say no to free delicious food but its easily ignorable if you keep yourself occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead View Post
    It took me about 3 months of primal eating to reach the point of not being hungry in the AM. I was not familiar with IF at the time, it was just natural to skip breakfast. I have since gone to eating just dinner, as late in the evening as possible to control some of my night binge issues, and it seems to be working. I am full of energy during the day and sleep like a baby.
    This is me exactly.

I did not discover IF until being primal for about six months. I think you want to get over the cravings for bad foods and develop good eating prefrences first before fasting intentionally.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

I've been skipping breakfast every day since I embarked down the IF road about 6 months ago. I'm not the least bit hungry until lunch. So why eat? My energy level is fine and I sleep great. I only eat lunch and dinner and don't usually snack. On the weekends I eat one (large) meal per day and it's around 5:00pm. IF just seems natural to me now.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Breakfast used to be my favorite meal but that was because it always included big bowls of cereal or pancakes. Now that I eat less refined foods I'm not usually that hungry in the mornings. I would say the change happened over 3 or 4 weeks. It's probably difficult to make an adjustment if sitting down to a big breakfast is part of your morning routine, but if it's something you want to do, one of the keys is probably establishing a different routine when you wake up.

There are exceptions when I will eat a big breakfast, especially when I'm traveling it seems, but then I'll end up not needing to have much for lunch.

Shop Now
    I've skipped breakfast pretty much since I was old enough to have a say. By high school, this little war was solved by me chugging a glass of Instant Breakfast or chocolate milk in a blender with a raw egg to appease my parents. Once I was out of the house, that wasn't necessary.

Which doesn't mean that there aren't occasions (like late Sunday mornings with an overnight guest) when a nice big pile of eggs, cheese, mushrooms, etc. doesn't hit the spot. But that's just refuelling.