Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annie's 2nd 30 days (used to be anniegebel) page

annie is offline Senior Member

Annie's 2nd 30 days (used to be anniegebel)

I've been living Primal for about a month and a half, I think. I've stopped keeping track because it's no longer about how long I've stuck to a diet or regimine...I've just living. I kind of did a 30 challenge last month with runningwithbuffalo (as anniegebel). I wasn't always that strict with my 80/20 rule...I'm sure it dipped into the 70/30 range (or worse) from time to time. Last week I was on vacation with two other families who didn't want to eat Primal or hear about it either. I did well on my meals, but didn't even try to resist the snacks that were everywhere! (bad annie! )

That said...I'm ready for April!

My goals:
    no dairy (that means milk and cheese)
    track numbers and work on either eating fewer calories or using more of the ones I do eat! (I know that a lot of people don't track, but I need to for a few days or weeks every so often so that I'm aware of what and how much I'm taking in.)
    continue with fitness routine

yay! Let's go...

Yesterday went pretty well. I need to stop nibbling my kids' food, though. They tend to have cheese on their eggs, so nibbling them means getting that cheese! But other than that...

B: 2 poached eggs with 1/2 an avocado
    L: (grocery shopping) buffalo chicken nuggets (jerky-not the best, but better than bakery cookies!)
    D: BAS, ground beef with homemade taco seasoning, onion and mushroom, with avocado, over red leaf lettuce
    S: chocolate - it is Easter season :-)

Today was good (if you don't count the Easter candy).

B: 2 eggs, bacon, avocado and mushroom
    L: broccoli slaw with ground taco beef, and hard boiled egg
    D: ham, potato, sugar snap peas

Well, I didn't think it was that bad. Now that I've written it down, I think I had a lot of protein and not as much fat. And if I'm being honest with myself...(way) too much sugar.

Going for a walk tomorrow morning before the heat picks up...looking forward to that!

jmarnold30 is offline Junior Member
    Annie, I start my second 30 day challenge tomorrow. Good luck with your goals! I'll be following along

thanks! I need and like support! Are you going to have an online journal too? I'll be checking...

Started my day with a 30 minute walk. I really enjoyed that, but was exhausted this afternoon. I don't think the walk tired me out, but I'm still recovering from last week's vacation!

B: apple
    L: bacon, avocado, hardboiled eggs
    D: ham, roasted carrots, blackberries

...and chocolate! But it's all gone now, so I should be good to go as far as that tomorrow.

I also want to add two more goals. Two realistic things that I'm just putting out there for the world to read.

1. I want to wear my engagement ring. This summer will be our 10 year anniversary. I actually currently weigh about 15 pounds less than when we got married, but the pounds are apparently sitting on me differently because I haven't been able to wear my wedding band and engagement ring for a few years. I had to take them off at some point during my third pregnancy. I tried to put them back on at one point and ended up having to have the paramedics come and cut off my wedding band. I got a cheap replacement for that that fits (actually a little big right now) but I want to wear my engagement ring too. (by the way, that third child is over 2 years old now!)

2. I'd absolutely love for my thighs to not rub together. Is that even possible?

Today I took a nap. A wonderful, wonderful nap.

B: chai tea with 2 tsp hot cocoa mixed in
    L: hard boiled eggs with 1/2 avocado and leftover taco seasoned ground beef
    D: eggs, gluten free pancakes with maple syrup, bacon
    s: nuts

Stress eating! Arg!

I actually didn't do as bad today as I wanted to but the night's not over yet! Luckily I don't have too much crap in the house.
    B: bacon, spinach, eggs
    L: chai tea with hot chocolate, handful of nuts
    S: rice crispie treat (or 2)
    D: wilted kale, ham, strawberries and few pieces of pineapple
    S: I want something now...but don't have what I want, so I'm not sure what I'm going to have other than a wine cooler. Maybe that'll be enough.

Better today...sort of. Went for a walk and did a short (7 minute) HIIT session.

B: BAS with ground taco beef and avocado
    L: primal chocolate cookies
    D: roast chicken, sauteed carrots, squash, and zucchini

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    40 minute walk

B: leftover carrots, squash and zucchini and chicken
    L: eggs and a piece of toast with butter
    S: nuts, handful of m&m's
    D: steak, spinach sauteed in bacon grease, egg, 2 pieces bacon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast