Thread: How much fat is too much ?? Day 11 page

bunnyrogers is offline Junior Member

How much fat is too much ?? Day 11

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi -

I started the PB program 11 days ago with a group of people from my crossfit box. I don't eat meat and haven't for 25 years. I'm mostly vegan but I do eat fish and have started to eat quite a bit of salmon. I do track my diet daily on my iphone via FitDay mobile. I am 5'3 and weigh 160. Through my tracking I am obtaining 80-100 grams of protein (from fish, nuts, leafy greens and a plant based protein powder that has a total of 4gr. carbs per serving) the non animal protein that i eat does have the essential amino chain to be considered a complete protein as meat is. Anyway I am eating[B] 50 carbs a day, 80-100 grams of protein and my fat ranges from 40-90 grams. On days that it's 80-90 I feel like that's too much. Is it? I am really low energy in the afternoons and know that I need to give my system some time to turn around and to start burning fat as fuel? Is that the right concept? As a vegan I was eating too many carbs - even tho they were plant based. The scale isn't moving for me but I have lost a few inches. Does it take the scale awhile to move?

Thanks a million for reading my thread - I feel so out-of-sorts with all the changes but am focused on making this work.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I think that more than 85% of your calories from fat is too much. Your 80-90 does not sound like too much to me.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, bump that fat up!