Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Jena's Journal... page 7

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well after many months of whining and making excuses... I joined the gym yesterday. It felt great to get moving. Headed back today NO MORE EXCUSES!!

Ugh... I feel stuck. I have lost a little over 40 pounds since I became primal about a year ago, but I've been stalled out for months now. I've cut my carbs, increased my physical activity and nothing seems to be budging the scale, in fact I have gained a few pounds. My face looks chubbier to me. Others still say I look the same, but I don't feel the same. I have gone through a lot of painful things in the last six or seven months, the stress has caught up with me. Can stress alone stop weight loss? I habe been medatating, journaling, really trying to get past this, but I have been down. I have even considering talking to a psychiatrist, but can't afford it at the moment. I'm hoping that all this will pass soon, but I'd like to do something to speed up the process. The heartache may have to go at its own pace, but is there anything I can do to jump start the weight loss again? Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Well no luck losing any more weight, but I haven't gained any either. I'm just trying to focus on being healthy lately. From spring thru fall my allergies are hell and I pretty much have a sinus infection the entire time. I stopped going to the doctor for it because the antibiotics don't help. My glands in my neck are constantly swollen from it... it sucks. The only thing that has been helping has been my netti pot. This summer flew by. I feel like I didn't even get a chance to enjoy it. It's the first summer that I have worked a regular 9-5, M-F job. At least on second shift I could go swimming during the day. Oh well. I could be outside right now, but there's nothing to do. I took a walk. Cars in the shop, my two best friends are out of town, the rest of them are busy with their kids and families. The highlight of my day was my early dinner. Kale "massaged" in olive oil with diced peaches, chopped walnuts, Gorgonzola, panchetta, and lemon juice. Also sautéed shrimp with lemon garlic butter. But my good mood is waning... I'm thinking red wine for desert.

Treated myself to a delicious homemade meal today. Caprese salad and a New York strip. Simple, but probably the best meal I've had in a while. Good food lifts my spirits and gives me energy Now to get around for a party. Forcing myself to be social seems like a good way to pull myself out of this depression or funk or whatever this is. Have a nice holiday weekend all!

Went back and read my first journal entry... it's truly amazing how much can happen in a year. I did get a better job at least. Well, hopefully I will be that happy eager person again soon.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're on a good track with your diet. I really got into full fat yoghurt also but have now cut it out as I find dairy is hit and miss with me - sometimes I wake up the next morning feeling rough.

I've recently been using more bone broth, eating liver and also more fresh fish, especially mackerel.

In the last month my body clock has started to get way better also - have been on PB since November last year and it's taken this long but is finally happening. That was always one of my biggest struggles.

I really think dietary fats are vital, especially for people with depression / recovering from it.

Horrible confession. I have a bad cold after a terrible week. I stopped at the grocery on my way home and bought a cherry pie, my absolute favorite sweet. I feel super guilty and have gained like 5 lbs this week, okay so in all honest the whole week has been pretty bad :/ really really awful. So shameful that I can't even describe it in full.

Well my cold is worse, but everything else is getting better. The anxiety is easing up, I've dropped the five pounds I gained from just a couple days of walking and eating right. And I very much plan to continue on that streak. Next phase of life improvement... saving money! I'm terrible with money, I always pay all my bills, but I spend too much on junk I don't need. I need to take one of these weekends and have a friend or my mom come over, go through all of my things and get rid of everything I don't need. Get organized and try to live more simply. Wish me luck!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Good luck!
    I think good eating and good money management require the same skillset and ways of thinking - delayed gratification, planning, valuing goals etc. The good news is that once you have a plan, momentum can be self-sustaining.
    Glad everything is gradually getting better.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Good luck!
    I think good eating and good money management require the same skillset and ways of thinking - delayed gratification, planning, valuing goals etc. The good news is that once you have a plan, momentum can be self-sustaining.
    Glad everything is gradually getting better.
    Agreed... lack of delaying gratification is the root of so many of my problems! Thanks so much for the luck!

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast