Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jena's Journal... page 4

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Primate View Post
    Wishing you luck on the job interview!
    Thanks!! I really want to get out of where I'm at. Or at least not have it as my primary job...
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Oh man... It's been a long weekend. My body hates me and I don't blame it! Yesterday started out okay. We went out to breakfast and I had 2 eggs, hashbrowns, and sausage. I came back to my friends house and made snacks with her for her daughters party. She had nacho "cheese" (velveeta) and chips, spinach dip and triscuits, apples and caramel dip, and tini weenies in croissant rolls... I had one of the croissant weenie things and a few chips and cheese. Then I drank 2 glasses of wine and countless beers. Now I am awake in my friends daughters room (she stayed at gandma's) and I can't get out. Seriously, I tried to get out and the damn door knob fell off, lol. So now I am just waiting for someone to wake up and let me out of here. I had heartburn for the first time in five months last night, my stomach feels all bloated, I am definitely hung over, and I just want to go home.
    Last edited by Jena; 10-14-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Well back at home. Going away is awesome because it makes you appreciate your own place so much more. My comfy couch, my pillows, my blankets, my kitty. I did not do well at all this weekend. I drank, smoked, ate pizza twice and just feel awful. I mean I saw my best friend and her family so it was worth it, but I should've been more prepared. I set myself up for failure. I did resist sugar completely all weekend though (even the bday cake). I think I am just going to drink lots of water and fast for about 24 hours or closer to 36 if I can wait to eat until after work tomorrow night and cleanse myself of this weekend! I also think I am going to cut out the potatoes and fruit for a month or so and just go VLC and see if that increases the weight/fat loss. As far as today goes I am just going to lay around, watch the Lions (lose most likely, effing bums), and cuddle my kitty (he's being super lovey since he was alone all weekend).

Oh... and I think I am going to attempt making bone broth for the first time this week. Wish me luck!

Diogenes is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jena View Post
    Well back at home. Going away is awesome because it makes you appreciate your own place so much more. My comfy couch, my pillows, my blankets, my kitty. I did not do well at all this weekend. I drank, smoked, ate pizza twice and just feel awful. I mean I saw my best friend and her family so it was worth it, but I should've been more prepared. I set myself up for failure. I did resist sugar completely all weekend though (even the bday cake). I think I am just going to drink lots of water and fast for about 24 hours or closer to 36 if I can wait to eat until after work tomorrow night and cleanse myself of this weekend! I also think I am going to cut out the potatoes and fruit for a month or so and just go VLC and see if that increases the weight/fat loss. As far as today goes I am just going to lay around, watch the Lions (lose most likely, effing bums), and cuddle my kitty (he's being super lovey since he was alone all weekend).
    Ugh. Well it's good to be home. Give your kitty a belly rub for me, I just had to put mine down last week. I miss him, I just pretend he's still here, lol. Congrats on your Lions, but the Bears will own them next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Jena View Post
    Oh... and I think I am going to attempt making bone broth for the first time this week. Wish me luck!
    Chicken carcass, 1 carrot, 1 stalk of celery, 1 onion, 12 peppercorns, 1 tsp salt.

Cover with water and simmer for 4 hours.

Strain broth.

Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Ugh. Well it's good to be home. Give your kitty a belly rub for me, I just had to put mine down last week. I miss him, I just pretend he's still here, lol. Congrats on your Lions, but the Bears will own them next week!
    Oh, so sorry to hear about your kitty. I know how hard it is to lose a pet so my I send my sympathy and hugs. And yes, lol... I am pretty sure that the Lions will lose to Da Bears, but idk, I have a good feeling about their Monday night game. We shall see. And even watching them today was painful, lol. It was just sloppy football. But win or lose I am a lifelong Lions fan, not because they're good, not because I like my team to lose, just because I am a crazy f***** See video... if the "f" word doesn't bother you anyway.

Last edited by Jena; 10-14-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Chicken carcass, 1 carrot, 1 stalk of celery, 1 onion, 12 peppercorns, 1 tsp salt.

Cover with water and simmer for 4 hours.

Strain broth.

Yum!
    Yeah, I have made it like that before. I want to make the kind with big pork and cow bones. You have to simmer it for like a day or or two. I have read about it on here, but am still not quite sure how to make it exactly. I have heard it has a lot of health benefits though because of the gelatin, glucosamine, and various minerals. Guess I will just give it a shot

Funny video! I like Detroit people, they seem to be cut from the same cloth as people from my part of Chicago (SW 'burbs). Hope your soup turns out dee-lish! And thanks for the tender mercies

Funny video! I like Detroit people, they seem to be cut from the same cloth as people from my part of Chicago (SW 'burbs). Hope your soup turns out dee-lish! And thanks for the tender mercies
    I like Chicago people as well and always root for the Bears if they aren't playing the Lions. I actually lived in the Chicago burbs for about a year with my aunt. I lived in Itasca and went to College of Dupage... it was a really nice area and I liked it there, but I was pretty young and just missed my friends and family too much, so back to Michigan I came... Now 10 years later, all I want to do is get out!

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast