Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jena's Journal... page 3

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    For me lately it has been cheese - not sure why but I am craving it - gave in to temptation this morning and had some with breakfast. Not sure if there is something in it that my body is needing to fight off this cold I can't seem to kick. A little of the Captain isn't a bad thing… a lot of the Captain, well that's a different story.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. I will be taking it pretty easy, so it will definitely be a little of the Captain if any. I go through cheese phases, lol. I will crave it non-stop for a couple of weeks, then not much at all. It definitely hasn't sounded great lately. I did not eat much today, but I am at least back on track. I had a grass-fed ground beef burger (plain) with steamed broccoli. Then a half of an apple for a snack. I wasn't really hungry for breakfast or lunch, just some coffee with half and half. I am definitely not trying to starve myself, I just haven't been hungry. Just hitting some personal road blocks lately, but I will get through them! At the very least I can say that stress makes me not want to eat instead of stuff my face with carbs, like I used to! Since I am fat adapted I guess I will take it, lol. I'll just call it my intermittent fasting project for now
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

TOOMBS is offline Junior Member
    Wow, that doesn't seem like enough food but if you aren't hungry then why eat. Glad you are back on track... hopefully whatever is stressing you out will be resolved soon

I agree, definitely not enough food, but yeah not hungry. I had my old stand by for dinner tonight, steak and broccoli. I had McDonalds for breakfast, blech, I know. Sausage McMuffin with egg, no "bun" and a hashbrown. Not that I had no choice, but I had to take some medicine and needed some food in my stomach and I was running late. I don't think once every few months will do much damage, but still not proud of it.

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Whatever my issues are I realize that there are many out there with much worse problems than mine. I watched my local, well semi-local, news and in the first 10 minutes I had heard of half a dozen people that had died, including a child, and they interviewed the child's mother and I realized that my problems are shit. I mean problems, stress, sadness... these things are all relative, but I just can't stand myself when I get in a funk like this, whether its justified or not.

On a positive note, my friend stopped by today to borrow a few things and said, "damn, I can really tell you've lost weight! Especially from the back!" That made me feel good! Even though I just saw her last week and have not actually lost anything since then, but whatever, I'll take it!

I'm supposed to go out of town this weekend, but I am not really feeling up to it. I am making myself go though. I am excited to see my best friend and her hubby and daughter, it's been months! Hopefully they have a nice low key weekend planned. And hopefully we will be eating out a lot because they are definitely NOT primal or anything close to it. Pasta with garlic bread, pizza and bread sticks, chicken strips and fries, corn as the "vegetable"! I will do a 48 hour fast before I eat like that! I will give a full and honest report if what I ate and drank this weekend on Sunday night.... this could either be a great moment of pride or of shame, lol.

Let's hope it's a great moment of pride for you - but even if it is not - move on and over come! It's only a failure if you learn nothing from it!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

Well, I am not leaving until tomorrow evening, so I don't have to eat any meals there tomorrow. I'll do my best on Saturday, and I will leave Sunday early enough to be home in time for football (and hopefully homemade chilli!). This is all in theory of course... I may be reporting back Sunday through a carb coma haze, I doubt it, but we'll see

TOOMBS is offline Junior Member
    Have fun on your trip I'm sure it will be hard to eat primally when others are pouring carbs down their gullet, but hopefully you can stay strong. If not then it's not such a big deal.

Drive safe!

Thanks! I am going to try to be good, but if I am a little bad I'm not going to stress over it

Well I thought I would put a midway through the weekend update since I am the only one awake in the house. I ate at home yesterday, but I was hungry when I got here so I had a piece of pizza later on in the evening. A piece of pizza and 4 glasses of wine. I did have my friend order some chicken wings too and they were not breaded so that was good, but they were slathered in buffalo sauce that is probably loaded with sugar. At least it was some fat and protein. My greatest shame... I smoked a few cigarettes... I am not worried about it though. The only time I even crave them is while drinking which I don't do much anymore, so it will be a non-issue when I get home. In an unrelated matter, right before I left to come here I got a phone call and I have a job interview!!!! Not until the end of the month, and not in my field, but the pay is good and its a Monday through Friday gig which will be such an awesome change for me. I have sent out my résumé to literally dozens of companies and this is my first call back so wish me luck. I will update tomorrow on my food sins of today!

PrimalCon New York
    Wishing you luck on the job interview!

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast