Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jena's Journal... page 3

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Ha, I worked in Itasca (lived in Elk Grove)! I thought you looked familiar!
    Haha, small world. I actually worked in Elk Grove at that little Fannie May candy store that was next to Dominicks in that Plaza thing right off of Arlington Rd? I think that's the right road... its been a while though. Funny!

Diogenes is offline Member
    I didn't live in Elk Grove until 2008. I really liked it there, but then the separation...

I worked in Itasca starting in 2001, a little north of the Walgreens at Irving Pk and Prospect. Would have liked to meet you, kinda have a weak spot for f'ing crazy, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    I didn't live in Elk Grove until 2008. I really liked it there, but then the separation...

I worked in Itasca starting in 2001, a little north of the Walgreens at Irving Pk and Prospect. Would have liked to meet you, kinda have a weak spot for f'ing crazy, lol.
    Lol... well I am definitely stocked up on crazy! And back then... totally nuts. Would've been nice to meet you though. Hell, it would've been nice to have a friend there period. In a whole year I didn't make one single friend. I went on one date and hung out with a chick from a class once. Which is strange because I am pretty outgoing. Go figure, lol.

Well... it's about time to wrap this weekend up and start fresh tomorrow. I did not fast like I had planned, but I did eat better than I did all weekend (eggs) and I ate a hotdog, I don't even know why I bought those damn things in the first place, but it was the last one in the package and they were at least Hebrew National so it's better than some brands. That's all. I'm so tired. It has been a really long, odd, difficult couple of weeks, but I am getting through and am excited for all of the great things I have planned for my life. Beating my body up with crap food, alcohol, and worst of all cigarettes just feels wrong now. Of course I will have the occasional non-primal treat and a glass of wine or a beer now and then, but I think some things are just behind me now. I don't have the issue of wanting to smoke until I have a drink so alcohol may have to get nixed for a while too. I already had planned to meet my friend for dinner and a couple of drinks on Tuesday so that may be the last drink for a while I guess it depends on how strong my urge to smoke is. Luckily she is a non-smoker so I won't have the option I am also getting back on the fitness train this week! At the very least I am doing my squats, push ups, and some walking!

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Don't beat yourself up too bad over the weekend slip. It happens! Sounds like you have a good plan and are focusing on carrying it out - be strong! It took me a while to cut out the smokes when I quit but it does get easier. I don't think the craving ever goes fully away - almost 5 years since my last one and still I find sometimes I get the odd random craving but it lasts a few seconds and then it's gone again. 99.9% of the time I don't even miss the damn things!

I think everyone has a slip in their change to the PB lifestyle, at least everyone I know or have read their journals on here and all of them, myself included, feel like total crap after. Maybe it is just the subconscious need to really see how much your body has changed than makes us do it. I don't know but once or twice is enough for most people. Hang in their - the tough stretches really do get less and less.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Thanks PP. I was mentally and physically exhausted before I even left for the weekend so I didn't have too much energy left for making good choices and having willpower. Making these poor choices and feeling the consequences has definitely reaffirmed my primal lifestyle I just need to find some ways to relieve stress that are healthy instead of destructive.

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jena View Post
    I just need to find some ways to relieve stress that are healthy instead of destructive.
    Kickboxing is a great way to relieve stress, AND it's healthy…yet destructive in nature - The workout is great - I don't recommend signing up for actual matches though.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Primate View Post
    Kickboxing is a great way to relieve stress, AND it's healthy…yet destructive in nature - The workout is great - I don't recommend signing up for actual matches though.
    Yeah, I would love to do something like that. I am being a baby about even going to the gym for some reason though. I'm not even going to give my reasons because they are all just excuses. Mainly I just have to get off my ass and do it. I am glad that my job is at least fairly physical, but if I get the job I am interviewing for in a couple of weeks then I will definitely need to step up my exercise game. It pays more, but its a desk job. I've never had a desk job.

Well... at the very least my eating is back on track after this weekend. I still don't think I ate quite enough today, but somewhat better. For some reason meat just isn't sounding that great to me the last few days. Nothing sounds that great really. I think it's a stress, nerves, and sinus issue combo that's screwing with my stomach. I have such an intense sinus headache right now; it feels like my eyeball is going to pop out! Time to bust out the neti pot. This happens every when 1, I turn my heat on and 2, they light the damn fireplace at work (I hate that thing with an intensity that can only be described as scary). Well... I am hurty and sleepy... goodnight.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Still struggling with wanting to eat meat that much. I did eat half of a steak though. And an avacado and some cheese. I must be coming down with something. Just not that hungry. I don't feel sick though. I suppose it will pass.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast