Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calories, oh dear calories page

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member

Calories, oh dear calories

Shop Now
    Hey,
    I'm a 19 yo young man, I'm on a TRT because of a severe Pituitary gland dysfunction (hypogonadism, hypothyroïdism being the most important problems it causes).
    Since the beginning of my treatment and my paleo journey, I've gained more than 30 lbs, which puts me at around 158 lbs for 5'10". (Was 126 lbs before.)
    I've put on a LOT of muscle mass as you can see in this picture, without even exercizing at all:

But I think the time has come to "stabilize" things a bit, since I've gained most of my weight by eating BIG (paleo BIG, but still big) most days. I'm trying to find my caloric maintenance, without stunting the rest of my delayed puberty and all the developments my body still needs to make.

I wonder what seems right to most of you considering my age, weight and height ?
    I'm staying at around 2600 kcal a day, but it seems a bit high to me and I seem to still be putting on a bit of weight. (But it's hard to tell, since my estradiol are too elevated and I'm expericing some very fluctuating water retention, face and whole body swellings...)

Thanks for your help !
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    You were weak and puny. You look good now. Eat like you want within Primal guidelines. Leave calorie counting to megahambeasts and middle aged women. You are a man. Eat to be strong, like you have been doing.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Agree with legbiter.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    I hope you're right. It's kind of hard to tell myself these kinds of things since my hormones are all out of whack in the middle of the week and I bloat like crazy and my face looks like I've put on 40 lbs in the middle of the night.

Hopefully my TRT kind of drives many of the nutrients towards muscle building, but to a natural extent so I think I should "calm down" a bit on eating big.

Is it normal at my age to have "bigger" days than other ?
    Like, for example, I can feel good eating 2400 to 2550 kcal a day, and then one day I'll be starving hitting 2600 kcal and have to bump it up to 2750 or so in order to feel satiated.
    Could it have something to do with the fact that I have a kind of cold/flu-like syndrome ? (increased metabolic rate or something ?)

Thanks everyone
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I hope you're right. It's kind of hard to tell myself these kinds of things since my hormones are all out of whack in the middle of the week and I bloat like crazy and my face looks like I've put on 40 lbs in the middle of the night.

Hopefully my TRT kind of drives many of the nutrients towards muscle building, but to a natural extent so I think I should "calm down" a bit on eating big.
    Eat. You are still work in progress. Eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Is it normal at my age to have "bigger" days than other ?
    Yes.

...Could it have something to do with the fact that I have a kind of cold/flu-like syndrome ? (increased metabolic rate or something ?)
    Maybe, but who cares. You are on the right track. Continue being a man and you will be excellent. Pussy will rain from the sky.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    Continue being a man and you will be excellent. Pussy will rain from the sky.
    Maybe I need to move to Iceland.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Won't that get messy?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Picaro is offline Member

This is sig-worthy, at least for a while, lol.

@ Daydreamer, I'm 53yo 6ft healthy and fairly active. My intake varies from maybe 1500kcal up to about 3500Kcal.
    Around 2600 looks to be fine on you, but don't be too pedantic about the daily intake...mix it up a bit. Don't turn youself into a lab rat that gets a measured feed dose each day....it only makes the scientists happy, not the rats.
    "Continue being a man and you will be excellent. Pussy will rain from the sky. " - Legbiter
    Couldn't resist immortalizing this quote.

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    I would agree. You look great Daydreamer. I don't think you need to worry about it too much. Eat in a way that makes you feel good and if there is something that seems to help with your condition, go for it. Otherwise, I think that if you feel like you need to eat more some days, do it. Likewise, if you have days where you don't feel like eating, then don't. Congratulations on your success!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Oh, legbiter, thx for a deep belly laugh tonite.
    Daydreamer, you look fantastic; like a model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast