Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal -- Grokini Mary page 3

MaryIM is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Day-44 of my New Nutrition Plan for Life. Just returned from our 6-day road trip to CA. I consistently ate the "cleanest" I ever have on vacation. Had my protein shake every day for breakfast and also had shakes on the road between AZ & CA. On the way to CA, made a protein shake at a gas station in Yuma -- I found that amusing. On the way home, made a protein shake in Blythe, while hubby was in McD ordering a quarter-pounder meal. He ate the burger and fries in the car, as we continued our drive home and it didn't bother me a single iota. Never wanted even one french fry.

I did break my alcohol fast on the trip. Went 40 days alcohol free. Then had alcohol 3 of the 5 nights we were in CA. That's OK. I really enjoyed the chardonnay & the red wine. Now I'm back to Day-1 of no-alcohol.

Sometimes it was difficult to eat "clean" while traveling and other times it was easy -- depending upon where we were staying. In all cases the people we were visiting knew about our Nutritional Plan and they were very accommodating. I found myself having salmon salads and salmon for dinner frequently. Which is fine, cuz I love salmon.

It was a fun trip ... but it's GOOD to be home!
    I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66249.html

MaryIM is offline Member
    Day-45 ... HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

Stepped on the scale this morning and I gained .2 lbs from our 6-day/5-night CA trip. This would be a personal best for me. There were a few meals when I "indulged" and I was careful to eat cleanly otherwise.
    I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

MaryIM is offline Member
    Day-55 at the end of 8 weeks:

Just time for a quick update before dashing off to meet friends.

Am staying strong & on-track with My New & Improved Nutrition Plan for Life. Total weight loss as of this morning is 24.8 lbs. WooHoo!

Have experienced some problems the past 4 days or so with vertigo. Had a vertigo "attack" during Bikram Yoga last Friday. Getting better, slowly. Went to see DR today. No yoga classes for a few days ... just some easy walking.

MaryIM is offline Member
    Day-56 and have officially completed 8 weeks on my New & Improved Nutrition Plan for Life! Go on the scale this morning and it registered a 25.2lb weight since I began this mission. Am setting small-mini goals. My next goal is to lose another 20lbs. After that, I may be "done" with the weight loss -- will wait and see what my BMI and bodyfat% is.

That's 8 weeks WITHOUT processed foods, without sugar, without caffeine, without white potatoes, rice, and pasta. That's 8 weeks with PLENTY of fresh veggies, salmon, tuna, chicken, olive oil, and limited fruits. And WITH plenty of exercise!!!

Am feeling great!
    Last edited by MaryIM; 03-12-2013 at 09:56 AM.

MaryIM is offline Member
    Haven't logged for awhile, but all is well ... we went on a 10-day Caribbean cruise the last part of March. Add in a travel day each way (between AZ and FL) and it was a 12-day vacation. Loved the cruise! Did not love dealing with airports and airplanes (sitting like a sardine for 4 1/2 hour flight) & breathing that lovely recirculated air. Don't want to be negative ... the cruise ship was beautiful, great food, great service and the beautiful blue Caribbean water.

I did some things well on the cruise (abstained from potatoes, had very little bread, ate alot of fish, drank lots of water) and some things not-so-well (drank ALOT of alcohol & had dessert every night). Gained about 6 1/2 lbs on the trip. But now, after being home a week have LOST THE CRUISE WEIGHT ... YIPPEE!

Am back on my healthy diet and exercise plan. Don't miss the alcohol ... haven't had a drop since returning home. Did go thru caffeine withdrawal (cuz drank some coffee on the cruise).

The one side effect of the trip I didn't like ... on about day-4, developed a rash on my torso and legs. Could have been caused by about a hundred different things. Since resuming my "pure" diet and being back in my home environment, the rash is gone. On one hand, it's nice to travel and see new places and have new adventures. But on the other hand --> it feels great to be back home!

My total weight loss is now at 25 1/2 lbs.

Have been battling vertigo .. more about that next posting.
    Last edited by MaryIM; 04-01-2013 at 01:03 PM.

MaryIM is offline Member
    Day-79 of being Primal. I guess I'm anal, but I like keeping track of how long I've been working with my Nutritionist and following My New and Improved Eating plan for Life. After 11 weeks have lost 27 lbs. I do have another 20 that I want to shed, so I'm over halfway to meeting my "goal" weight. I will actually see how I feel and look after losing the next 20 ... and listen to what my body tells me about how far to go with the weight loss. Am exercising 6 days a week. I love to exercise. But am abstaining from my favorite exercise (Bikram Yoga) for a few days, due to the advice from my DR. I've been having vertigo attacks and the problem is most severe while practicing the yoga in the heated room. I've been all over the internet, looking at home (free) treatments and tried a few. As long as I don't make any quick movements (from a supine to a standing position) I am vertigo-free. But all I have to do is enter the hot yoga room and the vertigo returns. There are various variations of vertigo and the most prevalent, BPPV, is caused by crystals being dislodged in your inner ear and floating where they don't belong. My DR's theory is that the heat in the yoga room causes my ear canals to enlarge -- because the heat causes all our muscles to enlarge and so the crystals have an easier time of floating around where they don't belong.

Anyone out there have any suggestions/advice to offer???

MaryIM is offline Member
    Tomorrow will be 12 weeks on my New & Improved Eating Plan for Life.

The longer I'm Paleo, the easier it gets ... went to a potluck on Saturday evening and I volunteered to bring the veggies. I ate steak, salad, and lots of veggies. Was not even tempted (as in 0%) by the store-bought dinner rolls, the mashed potatoes, the synthetic dessert. I even skipped the red wine and drank lots of water w/lemon.

Total weight loss is now 29lbs. Have been abstaining from Bikram classes this past week. Instead have been cycling, walking, and using the elliptical & stair-climber. I definitely DO NOT like exercising indoors at the gym ... much prefer to be outside. No vertigo for the past few days.

MaryIM is offline Member
    This is Day 97 on my New & Improved Eating Plan for Life! My weight loss is at 32 lbs and I'm still losing weight (yippee)!

Last week was challenging and difficult, however I did stay on plan. One of my friends died unexpectedly and suddenly and it really threw me into a funk. My friend Val was just one year older than me and had lost 40 lbs on Weight Watchers last year. She was such a kind, gentle, sweet woman and it was such a SHOCK that she passed away so abruptly.

This week we have a new and DIFFICULT challenge. My daughter is having relationship problems and she will be staying with us for a few days to try to de-stress and take a break from her troubled relationship. Good news is that she has a 5 year-old granddaughter and she is the light of my life! It will be difficult having them here for meals because there is next-to-nothing in my fridge or pantry that they eat. So I need to procure some more food, but don't know how long they will be here. Fortunately they do like vegetables and my daughter likes salads. I may be preparing two sets of meals for the next food days, and will see how I do around food that isn't part of my eating plan.

MaryIM is offline Member
    This is Day-100 of my New & Improved Eating Plan for Life! Total weight loss is 33 lbs.

Haven't been logging much lately due to crisis with our daughter and her relationship with live-in boyfriend. She's been taking a "break" from the drama/fighting and been staying with us for a few days. That's our daughter, granddaughter, plus the dog. I was able to stay on-plan except for one night. I binged on a store-bought yellow bundt cake (which hubby brought home) ... not too down on myself cuz that was ONE sugar binge during the past 100 days. It was definitely a stress-induced binge.

MaryIM is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    This is Day-108 of my New & Improved Eating Plan for Life! Total weight loss is 37 lbs (CW is 160).

Seeing my Nutritionist every other week and had a fantastic appt with him this week. He says my results are spectacular! I've lost 18% of my body mass which equates to a fat loss of 28.5 lbs, and an inflammation (ECM extra-cellular mass) loss of 6 lbs. Have actually gained about .5lb of lean muscle mass. The metrics are from the BIA (which he does periodically). I lost an astounding 11lbs in the past 4 weeks. My BMI is now 26.61 and so I am very close to being on the upper-end of the "normal" weight range. I intend to keep on going with this nutrition program and see how far it takes me --> at what weight will I stop losing the lbs and have my body be in-balance? What an adventure! With this much of a weight loss, now everyone notices the "new" me. I'm no longer afraid to have my picture taken! And am delighted that I can fit into my skinny jeans (they've been hanging unused in the closet for a long time) and all of my tops are loose on me. I don't want to invest in new clothes until I reach my ideal weight. Continuing to exercise, alot, which is helping to boost my weight loss.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast