Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Food page

Tod
    Tod is offline Junior Member

Fast Food

Primal Fuel
    Hey mark,
    Giving the primal diet a real go. Today's lesson mentioned not doing fast food, from your readings I get your a in-depth researcher.
    From a newbies perspective I wouldn't be so quick to throw fast food under the bus. My food for thought-

Look at the Wendy's web sight, (A) grilled chicken with out the bun ask for extra lettuce (b) chili Made fresh daily (c) salads chopped fresh daily (d) fresh 100% north american beef no bun ask for extra lettuce.

The cost of the primal diet is expensive from a dollar stand point and controlling spoilage. I feel Wendy's can help mitigate these costs with their fresh choices, single portions and $$$ value.

Convenience is not a luxury, most of us don't have time to pick up road kill and properly process and prepare it ( some humor here), were busy working to pay bills- Wendy's is a best second option if you chose right

Mark I challenge you to give this some thought form your average readers perspective, and I would enjoy hearing any thoughts you may have.

Tod Eland

1.5 acre garden, self caner, 32 head of bison, 3 Wendy's restaurants

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Additives, preservatives, artificial flavorings, and pesticide residues from the GMO crops fast food is made of are all good reasons to ignore your plea. Besides feeding corporate moguls and keeping the poor poor, huge chains like this make laziness a virtue. There is nothing more un-American than American fast food. Buy local, avoid toxins, support your neighbor - not wall street and government subsidized crops. You vote with your dollar, and I'm voting for local farmers and real food.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Additives, preservatives, artificial flavorings, and pesticide residues from the GMO crops fast food is made of are all good reasons to ignore your plea. Besides feeding corporate moguls and keeping the poor poor, huge chains like this make laziness a virtue. There is nothing more un-American than American fast food. Buy local, avoid toxins, support your neighbor - not wall street and government subsidized crops. You vote with your dollar, and I'm voting for local farmers and real food.
    This.

Also, doesn't Wendy's chili contain beans? Legumes. Not exactly Primal.
    What about seed oils in the salad dressing, on the chicken, etc?

I guess it comes down to personal choice.

I know that there are people here who do eat fast food in a pinch.
    And I think that perhaps Wendy's might be 'acceptable' in those situations due to some individual menu choices available... the baked potato (was better when there was a baked sweet potato available) which is better than fries in crap oil, and then of course there are the meats sans bun options (which can be done anywhere).
    *shrug*

I personally have eaten fast food as a last resort for most of my adult life. I'm nearly 40.
    It just isn't great food.
    I also don't find it necessary to eat during the day now.
    I can comfortably go from coffee at 9-10am in the morning to 5-7pm dinner with nothing but water.
    So eating fast food is much LESS likely... it will only possibly happen on an extended road trip on some such, and even then I'm more likely to find a sit down restaurant and enjoy a break from the driving/riding.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I agree with knifegill and cori.

Debeaked chickens living in crap, beef fed GMO grains, veg oils. Not good foods. And, not only garbage, but if you think about the home cooked meal you can have for the same money, a total waste of hard earned cash. And if you're lucky, and cash comes easy, why eat such substandard faire?

The political side of it may be irrelevant to some, but I'm on board. Why put money in the pockets of the very people who are producing the crap that passes for food and paying politicians to say it's real food?

It takes minutes to grill a grass fed burger, and throw mashed avocado and sliced tomato on it. Now that's fast food worth eating.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    1.5 acre garden, self caner, 32 head of bison, 3 Wendy's restaurants
    I'd love to see a video of the self-caning.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'd love to see a video of the self-caning.
    self-caning and home-canning... two very different activities.
    Welcome to DIY Spanking!
    A "primal approved" activity for after consuming fast food... No?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Not for anything, but I'm not clicking on a link to redderbuns.net. LMAO

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    sure wendy's tastes good, but 1, it's the more expensive fast food joint around my area and 2, the oils and preservatives etc etc. i don't have a problem with beans on occasion so that isn't an issue for me

back to cost, 1 chicken sandwich is over 4 dollars. a value meal is higher

a plate of meat and veggies (copious butter. always butter. oh my butter.) is about the same price

but otherwise, rock on
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Wendy's is not nearly as tasty as most of the other fast food for fatty facilities.
    Preservatives galore, horrible frying oils, worst sugar junk, a lose-lose-lose situation.
    For your health's sake, stay away from all of these disgusting establishments that made America obese.

Tod
    Tod is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Like the conversation, a little more food for thought (Rember I said second best option ) (1) Knifegil, I do my self canning outside and yes I would love to send you a private video per your request if you are really into that kind of thing. (2) Cori, where do you think sit down restaurants buy their beef ? If you don't know the rancher trust me you don't know what you are getting. (3) That is why I raise buffalo (grass fed).... I get your money either way.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast