Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fast Food page 2

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm a little less likely to hate on Wendy's, it's my fast food fix of choice. Plus they have decent salads, just the dressings aren't very good (soybean oil, sugar, etc.). Cobb salad is my favorite.

I'm sort of notorious at my Wendy's for ordering a bun-less, mayo-less, ketchup-less, double cheeseburger. For a while they had sweet potatoes w/ butter and cinnamon.

Tod, what kind of oil do they cook the patties in?
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Tod
    Tod is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for your thoughts and input. The hamburgers are cooked on the grill in it's own juices, grilled chicken is cooked the same way. Breaded chicken and fries are deep fried in a soy bean, cotton seed, and corn oil blend. More specifics on the web sight (the good and the bad).

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I'm not thrilled about the oils that restaurants use, but in a pinch I will eat it. I do get nervous about where some of their product comes from, but i can say the same for lots of restaurants (fast food or otherwise) I try to buy organic and local as much as possible. I just feel better about it. If I do eat fast food it's usually regretted shortly after if you know what I mean :/
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Tod
    Thanks for your thoughts, 2 brains are better than 1. for thinking or eating. I think ?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    This only lists the gluten free items (on the 2nd page), but it does say the grilled chicken has maltodextrin ("from a corn source") in it. I'm not sure if there's anything else.

http://www.wendys.com/food/pdf/us/gluten_free_list.pdf

But I do eat fast food sometimes, especially mexican, and you don't always know what you're getting. For instance, Del Taco's corn tortillas have gluten in them, as does the chili, but the fries don't. I'm pretty sure Burger King and a bunch of other places dust their fries with wheat flour.

I tried KFC's grilled chicken once and immediately regretted it. I Googled the ingredients, and it has at least a dozen. In a grilled chicken breast. If I remember correctly, one of them was wheat flour.
    Last edited by RitaRose; 09-19-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Tell you what. I'll eat all the grass-fed buffalo and you can keep the McFood for yourself.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    Hey mark,
    Giving the primal diet a real go. Today's lesson mentioned not doing fast food, from your readings I get your a in-depth researcher.
    From a newbies perspective I wouldn't be so quick to throw fast food under the bus. My food for thought-

Look at the Wendy's web sight, (A) grilled chicken with out the bun ask for extra lettuce (b) chili Made fresh daily (c) salads chopped fresh daily (d) fresh 100% north american beef no bun ask for extra lettuce.

The cost of the primal diet is expensive from a dollar stand point and controlling spoilage. I feel Wendy's can help mitigate these costs with their fresh choices, single portions and $$$ value.

Convenience is not a luxury, most of us don't have time to pick up road kill and properly process and prepare it ( some humor here), were busy working to pay bills- Wendy's is a best second option if you chose right

Mark I challenge you to give this some thought form your average readers perspective, and I would enjoy hearing any thoughts you may have.

Tod Eland

1.5 acre garden, self caner, 32 head of bison, 3 Wendy's restaurants
    you are seriously brainwashed if u believe fast food is healthier and less expensive than slow cooking rom home. there's no argument here.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Tod
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    you are seriously brainwashed if u believe fast food is healthier and less expensive than slow cooking rom home. there's no argument here.
    Louisa, I never said healthier, I said second best option, please note: I also have a 1.5 acre garden and raise grass fed buffalo.
    I'm happy to agree with you. there's no argument here.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    No, you want to pretend fast food is an option because you own three franchised vending stations.

Answer me this: Which is worse, fasting for a week or eating McSlurry?

To any of the educated and without vested interest, the answer is simple. But you are in denial because you don't want to face the fact that you are poisoning your community. Having trouble sleeping? Sell those trash holes and break free. But don't pretend it's okay.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Tod
    "I'd love to see a video of the self-caning" Knifegill, I forgot to list the family milk cow we own. Your just mad cause I haven't sent the private outdoor video you requested.Go ahead make some sick joke about the milk cow too. and to think I was just starting to respect your Senior member status. Man up knifegill go plant a garden.

Tod
    1.5 acre garden, self caner, 32 head of bison, 3 Wendy's restaurants, one family milk cow

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast