Thread: Yet another edition of pancakes + egg/wine drink page

Jst
    Jst is offline Junior Member

Yet another edition of pancakes + egg/wine drink

Hello, this is my first post. I registered to post these two recipes... for now. I'm 29, male.

PALEOCINKE

Ingredients:
    - 5 egg whites, 2 yolks
    - 1 cup coconut milk
    - Carob flour and / or poppy and / or coconut flour
    - vanilla or some other taste if you want
    - Ground hazelnuts

Mix together to get relatively liquid mass. It's slightly loose, but this recipe holds it together pretty good and make them turn quite well. Cook slowly at 6/9 fire (I have an electric stove). I didn't include the exact measurements for some of the ingredients because it's up to you to find the right amount, whatever works for you and your taste buds best. Also, I never make exactly the same pancakes so I really don't know.
    The taste to me is phenomenal. You can put something on just like on classic pancakes, but it seems to me somehow damage this whole symphony of flavors .

So what do you do with the 3 leftover yolks? I thought you will never ask!

PALEOTOU

Ingredients:
    - 3 egg yolks
    - A little white wine (eg martini)
    - 1 banana

Mix all and then at very low heat (2 or 3 of 9) mix every so often so it doesn't stick to the bottom. It's probably
    best to use a mixer and mix at the lowest heat. If necessary, you can add some water.
    This drink should be pretty thick as you mix for a few minutes. If you dare, you can also just drink raw, but make sure there's no salmonella. I don't know how to be sure of that so I cook it slightly.
    It'a delicious, protein and vitamin drink, which by the way can satisfy you while you're waiting for your pancakes to cook. I got this from my mom and modified it a little bit - the "original" is you add white wine, eggs and sugar. But I added a banana for sweet taste and also martini already contains sugar I believe. Anyway, the original version could be pronounced "Chateau" but I googled it a bit and I didn't find anything remotely similar.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The drink sounds yummy and I bet would work even with red wine.

Just as an FYI: How to pasteurize eggs at home Baking Bites

Jst
    Jst is offline Junior Member
    Maybe! Thanks for the link, is this your blog? One recipe for pasteurization is in the primal blueprint cookbook, I haven't tried it yet though.

Another tip: you can add a yucuma powder to the pancakes. It's a natural low glycemic sweetener. Twe "gold of the Incas".

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No, not my blog. I found it doing a search because I'm trying to replace store bought mayonnaise with pure egg yolks in/on cold foods.

Will check out yucuma.