Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weakness - What to do? page 3

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorlton View Post
    Thanks Thrakk. I've dropped the fasting for the time being!

Daniel I weighed myself for the first time in years today: 65.2kg (144lb) before breakfast.

Im working on this, but im struggling to find food sources with enough calories (that I feel i can eat..) for e.g.. i had 4 fresh sardines for lunch with salad and it still only came to 550kcal or so. Im just not used to large portions...

Maybe i should start a new thread on tips for getting enough calories
    An easy way to add more calories and to help your body make the switch to fat-burning is to add more saturated fat to your meals. Butter, clean animal fat, and coconut milk/oil are good choices. I've noticed that you tend to choose very lean foods, which is great if you're following CW, but if you're eliminating carbs you need to add more fat in or you'll feel hungry and listless all the time.

Chorlton is offline Member
    Right! Well im making goan prawn curry tonight (with coconut milk + "cauliflower rice") so there's a good excuse to add a few tbsp's of coconut fat... I have been having a tbsp or more with each meal/snack and recording it but man, so much fat!

Quote Originally Posted by Chorlton View Post
    Right! Well im making goan prawn curry tonight (with coconut milk + "cauliflower rice") so there's a good excuse to add a few tbsp's of coconut fat... I have been having a tbsp or more with each meal/snack and recording it but man, so much fat!
    I know, it's going to seem excessive to you for a while, especially coming from a vegetarian background, but your body needs it, and you'll find that once you adapt it makes you feel pretty fantastic. And you probably need even more fat than you think you do (shoot for at least 65% of your total calories).

Chorlton is offline Member
    Hi everyone,

just a small update: it may be a bit early to start celebrating but from around lunchtime today I started feel like I suddenly had a fair bit more energy. So much so that I just completed a light-medium workout with pushups, kbell swings and one-arm rows and feel great!

I have been stuffing myself with fat. About 6-700kcal per meal with 6-700kcal in almonds/coconut oil etc for snacks. I guess I'll need a few more days to really get a feel for this but if nothing else the advice from Danielle and others to up my total calories has certainly worked. Im hoping it's not just that and that I've started to make the switch to fat burning of course...

Im reading PB right now, and looking forward to the sample diets and specific recommendations as I still feel im eating way to much actual meat (if i need 1g protein per lb lean body mass i must be eating 4x that!). but for right now im just concentrating on making the switch.

thanks everyone,

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear you are feeling better!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Glad to hear it! Good plan - for now just eat so that you feel satisfied and energetic, and once you get through reading you can start to tweak things to your specific needs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123