Thread: need grocery store assistance

Hybrid View

need grocery store assistance

I will be making a soup next week which includes a can of coconut milk. In what area of the store is this item located and what is the approximate cost? I am located in MI.

I usually find it in the ethnic foods aisle, near the Asian or Carribbean stuff. Ranges from $1.20 to $3.00 per can.

Coconut milk is typically in the Asian food section. Around here it is usually $2 or $3 a can.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

"Ethnic" or "International" foods aisle. Probably not far from the soy sauce.

Mine actually has it in two places: the ethnic area, near the soy sauce and rooster sauce for a few bucks a can and the nonrefrigerated soy/ rice/ almond milk area fora $4-5/ box (haven't the foggiest what aisle it is, but I see it every time I walk by the aisle because it's on the end.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Mine actually has it in two places: the ethnic area, near the soy sauce and rooster sauce for a few bucks a can and the nonrefrigerated soy/ rice/ almond milk area fora $4-5/ box (haven't the foggiest what aisle it is, but I see it every time I walk by the aisle because it's on the end.)
    I don't believe that the coconut milk in the box is the same as what is in the can. The canned coconut milk should be the right one for the OP.

Ok... here's what you need.

Go to WALMART. Seriously- Walmart. In the section where they have the taco kits and crap, you should find GoldenStar coconut milk. No joke, it's the best coconut milk I've ever had. ZERO additives. I have loads of respect for the company and several of their products.

Bonus: It's pretty inexpensive too.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Ok... here's what you need.

Go to WALMART. Seriously- Walmart. In the section where they have the taco kits and crap, you should find GoldenStar coconut milk. No joke, it's the best coconut milk I've ever had. ZERO additives. I have loads of respect for the company and several of their products.

Bonus: It's pretty inexpensive too.
    +1 to GoldenStar COCONUT MILK...it's the best