Thread: spiderfly : journal page

spiderfly is offline Junior Member

spiderfly : journal

Primal Fuel
    Well,
    we have been paleo for almost a year. Hubby lost an awesome amount of weight and is energetic and happy its been wonderful for us as a family. Still switching my kid over, every day is struggle, he is 8. Mostly because of his cravings for a treat, and secondly because family just feed him junk all the time if Im not there to regulate it *le sigh*.

But the reason Im starting a journal here is for myself. I have adult acne. Its terrible and ruins my self esteem.
    It did get better when I first went paleo 12 months ago but didn't last long. I get cyclical acne along my jaw and on my cheeks, its painful and leaves scars. Im 35.

I relented and went on the pill 3 months ago and have health problems since ( kidney infections, bladder infections and some mystery virus probably due to immune system being funky). I have done two round of antibiotics so that along with the pill means my skin is currently crystal clear, but I feel like crap.

I've decided that being *this* sick, isn't actually worth clear skin So I've been brave and gone off the pill and vowed not to put nasty stuff in my body. Its really hard, kinda depressing.

Im hoping to clamp down a little on my diet and I dunno...cry when they come back?

I'll be doing some research and hoping to learn more from people here.

DIET: Lamb, Roo, Organic Chicken. Fish. Eggs (own chickens). Vegetables, lots of baby spinach, little to no potato. No grains or legumes. Fruit. (no shell fish, have allergy).

SUPPLEMENTS: Vit E, C and D ( I had a deficiency 12 months ago). I sometimes take fish oil.

DAIRY:
    I don't do cheeses. I rarely have butter. I have just stopped having milk in tea.

SKIN CARE
    I recently began a caveman - not using moisturisers or cleansers, just a little water now and then. It was dry and flaky at first but after a week it was fine. Sometimes it feels a little dry after a shower, if that happens I used a little almond oil.

I used to use organic skin care stuff, but I found most of it too oily. Cleansers seemed to strip my skin and irritate my skin further. I tried everything from ACV to aspirin.

I'll be undergoing tests for PCOS. Would love to hear any tips/advice/suggestions. I'll share any freaky experiments I do

well coming out the otherside of my moontime. I've started drinking green tea (it has a small mix of dandelion root). So far skin wise I can feel my skin feels more moisturised, it has been quite dry on the pill, which is why I had used a little oil now and then on it. So far no pimples but its early days, I will admit I'm already nervous about how oily my chin is starting to feel.

I've been looking up herbal supplements, I had already tried saw palmetto before going on yaz with no success. I've been eating well, and found local healthfood store that sells organic cold pressed coconut oil so really happy that I can ditch the olive oil I've been cooking with.

There is little information on how to deal with hormonal acne aside from going on the pill ( been there done that). Its so frustrating.

Tonight were having lamb cutlets and salad for dinner. I love lamb.

tonight I oven baked a fresh trout with lemon and garlic, it was yummy. The kid loved it. We had it with salad, a few sweet potato and purple carrot chips.

I also had a go making jelly with agar...havn't done it before but we had so many mulberries I thought it would be a great way to use them up. Instead of sweeting with sugar I used a little apple juice. They turned out super yummy...we won't eat them that often but as a treat...it went down really well.

IMG_20120921_174920.jpg
    We had it with a little biodynamic pot set yogurt.

I was worried about how oily my skin was last night, still on the green tea and really starting to appreciate it more. Last night I washed my face with water orange blossum infused water. My skin felt good this morning so I was relieved. Ive been reading up on fleuroderma ( acne from fleuride) and Im suddenly aware of how hard our water is...its chlorinated and fluerinated and god knows what else inated....

So Im not going to wash my face under the shower unless I can help it, and opt for distilled or spring water instead. Not sure if it will make a lick of difference, but anything is worth a shot.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ooh, I love that color. I need to try this.