Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Ice Cream page

elorajade is offline Senior Member

Smile Primal Ice Cream

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I came across a really simple recipe for primal ice cream last night.

Frozen bananas. Pureed.

Apparently, the writer said that she figured it would be "icey" vs "creamy" and she was happily proven wrong.

I haven't tried this, but it's amazingly simple, and obviously primal.

The writer of the article said that her sister will often add a touch of maple syrup or some peanut butter to increase the creaminess & sweetness factor.

Just thought I'd share!

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Why puree?! peel them, put a stick in them, cling flim, freeze and you have banana ice cream lollies!

optional adition of nuts or chocolate on outside!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    The "ice cream" really does work quite well! It ends up with the texture of good, quality ice cream. One banana fits nicely in the cup of my magic bullet blender. =] I just used banana when I've made it... next time I'll try adding a bit of almond butter, I bet that would be good. Or some shredded coconut maybe.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    couldnt you whip heavy cream and coconut milk together??

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Im going to be putting egg yolks, coconut milk and a bit of heavy cream with a touch of honey and cinnamon into my ice cream maker: Homemade Coconut Frozen Custard

Molecular Grokologist is offline Senior Member
    This. Sounds. Spectacular.
    Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    *watching with interest*

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    No reason you couldn't put in some chocolate, the darker the better of course, chip it... melt it and mix in... Stands to reason you could add a mint leaf or 2. Or any fruit that you might be eating. Peach ice cream. Strawberry? Blackberry? Blueberry...

Little_Fish is offline Member
    woo.. that sounds very good. I just jumped on the site because I'm trying very hard to ignore my brain ...it wants a snickers bar from the candy machine..really bad. I work 24 hour shifts and I brought 4 eggs, 6 raspberries, a tiny bit of shrimp pate. I had a banana chocolate vivanno smoothie from starbucks and a couple hours later I ate my hard boiled eggs and shrimp pate. I had 1/3 lb of shredded pork bbq a cornbread pancake (agh) and some vinegar based cabbage slaw mixed with some baked beans (eeh) I was starving and there are hardly any options around my work that aren't fast food. so now it's like 5 hours later and I'm craving a snickers bar. I guess I'm really paying for not going to the grocery store yesterday. : ( I read in the book this morning that I always need to have primal snacks in my bag, car and everywhere.. now I see why! It will keep me from going astray.
    Definitely going to try this 'treat' sometime soon. I'll post a pic when I make it.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    I used to make it in my food processor--just a frozen banana, a little coconut milk for creaminess and a touch of vanilla--YUM! The banana certainly makes it sweet enough...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast