Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Primal Ice Cream page 5

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've been making the banana fake ice cream for years due to lactose intolerance and my husbands propensity to eat regular ice cream like Ben & Jerrys in front of me some evenings in the summer.

I figured out that a single banana (sliced into rounds and frozen), a couple of spoons of plain yogurt (full fat greek/euro), a dab of vanilla bean paste, and wizzzzzzz until smooth in a food processor. Sprinkle on some dark choc chips and walnuts and it's even better than that B&J's Chunky Monkey IMO!

Sometimes I add other frozen fruits... and it basically tastes like whatever fruit flavored frozen yogurt.

I really dislike the recipes that use cocoa powder or nut butters though... bleh!
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-09-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    bookmarked this thread

question: if I only make fresh ice cream when I want it, can I leave out the alcohol and vanilla extract? ie make it and eat it straight from the machine without freezing

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I haven't tried it yet, but I found a paleo ice cream recipe in, of all places, an interview with Gwyneth Paltrow in Self magazine. (One of her friends needs to tell her to stop talking out her ass.) Anyway, it was frozen bananas pureed with maple syrup and garnished with almonds toasted with salt and maple syrup. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Banana "Ice Cream" With Sweet-and-Salty Roasted Almonds: Recipes: Self.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345