Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from south UK page

Deegie is offline Junior Member

Hi from south UK

Primal Fuel
    Greetings!
    Im a 36 year old woman with a bloke, kids, chickens, a cat, and a dog, we live in south UK.
    Ive put on 2 stone over the last year or so from sitting down recording music and drinking too much! I have been aware of the paleo/primal style of living and eating for a long long time, but never implemented it as a lifestyle.
    I used to be supple, fit and a normal weight but I recently realised my weight was well over what it used to be and have kicked myself into action..given up smoking, cut out drinking apart from at weekends sometimes, cut out a lot of carbs from wheat, started exercising again. Ive been using a calorie/food logging site and unfortunately after 5 weeks I have lost not one single pound!! I was 160 when I started, and Im still 160 today! Im 5'5" and my usual weight was always 135lb, but even then I wasnt exactly skinny/lean. In my youth I did a lot of work and became very strong but it wasnt visible. I put muscle on very easily but struggle to get rid of fat. Im hoping cutting out carbs/wheat will help with that.
    So I am here, hopefully to get some direction but mainly to focus on the fitness side of things.

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Hi Deegie! Welcome to the forum. Nice job giving up smoking! A good thing about primal diet is you don't really need to count calories. Sometimes I check with a food logging site just out of interest to see how my macros are and as a reminder to keep up good levels of veggies & healthy fats.

Thanks!
    Well, I started counting calories to find out what they were coming from, its quite a handy app because it showed nutritional values per day, per food etc. It allowed me to see what I was doing in terms of a day. It always makes me laugh though because every single day it was saying 'too much cholesterol' - the eggs!!
    As I said though, my main concern is the exercise side of things now.

Feverdiva is offline Junior Member
    Hi Deegie, I'm in a similar position to you.....I did lose weight on the food logging site but was hungry a lot! I st ill use it but now it's to make sure my fat/carb/protein ratio looks right. I only started doing this properly this week & I want to lose 2 stone so a long way to go lol. Let me know how you're getting on

^ Hi! Yes, I hate to be hungry so 'not eating' diets have never worked for me! Im sure we can do it primal style :P

nice to meet you men

messymisstess is offline Junior Member
    Hi guys, hope you'll have a look at our UK based Facebook group, trying to organise some meetups in the near future so we can all chat about PB etc. we have 15 members and counting!

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by messymisstess View Post
    Hi guys, hope you'll have a look at our UK based Facebook group, trying to organise some meetups in the near future so we can all chat about PB etc. we have 15 members and counting!
    Nice one! Got a link?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Hello from south uk
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Welcome....Its like a community within a community in here haha.

Glad to see we are trying to address the problem here in the UK. Up here in the blistering sunshine of Scotland we have a serious problem. Im fighting the good fight and trying to convert clients etc, but its a slow process.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast