Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: No going back now - Clothes Purge! page 5

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
    Luckily my wardrobe consists mostly of maxi dresses and skirts
    I can't wait until those dresses and skirts just fit better! The first thing I'd purge is my collection of cardigans to cover my beefy arms, back fat, and that annoying fat above my armpits. When I can trade some of those in for bandeau tops, I will be shouting all through this thread!
    One of the first "reward" pieces of clothing I bought myself when I stopped being self conscious about bare shoulders was this gorgeous black leather bustier. Now the darn thing is too big and won't stay up. I just sent it off to the goodwill.

qurlybee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    One of the first "reward" pieces of clothing I bought myself when I stopped being self conscious about bare shoulders was this gorgeous black leather bustier. Now the darn thing is too big and won't stay up. I just sent it off to the goodwill.
    Omg, I would KILL to be able to wear a bustier! But I also am pretty busty so I feel like I would look super inappropriate... lol. Might have to trade my teaching job for something a little more.... exotic?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
    Omg, I would KILL to be able to wear a bustier! But I also am pretty busty so I feel like I would look super inappropriate... lol. Might have to trade my teaching job for something a little more.... exotic?
    I used to be a teacher too but I'm retired so I can get as wild as I want. I have stayed a solid size B in the front as I've lost weight but I've just lost all of the stuff across the ribs and under the arms.

qurlybee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I used to be a teacher too but I'm retired so I can get as wild as I want. I have stayed a solid size B in the front as I've lost weight but I've just lost all of the stuff across the ribs and under the arms.
    B??????
    I think I might hate you...
    I wish I was still a B. I was a B when I was 11!
    And I totally hear you on the retired and wild bit. Especially with the stress of this job, and I'm only 1.5 years in!

johnmjoy is offline Member
    I just cleaned out the bottom rack (pants) of the closet, worked up the ambition to overcome my superstitions and actually gave a bunch of stuff away. We're going to be moving in a year or so anyway, so what's the point in keeping it? And wearing 'em I look like an eight year old in daddy's pants!

vintageeats is offline Member
    Hey all!

Funny that this thread is here - I was just dreaming about what I'll wear when I hit my goal weight. Beyond the obvious health component, looking good in clothes is up there as a motivator. Has anyone mentioned consignment shopping yet?

I work at a job where the dress code is business casual. Love to thrift and antique - do it for hours - but sometimes it's easier to shop if the process is a little more curated, especially if all you need is basic, work-appropriate attire. The last time I went to a consignment shop, I ended up with four sweaters for $30 - all major brands in very good shape. Just wanted to throw that out there as a resource. I know that when I lose the bulk of my weight, I will purge the entire closet. No sense keeping things around that I might grow back into :-)

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You guys inspire me! I have the opposite problem. A few years ago, I lost about 18 lbs using Shangri La oilshots and went from mid 150's to mid 130's. I stayed there for several years so most of the clothes in my closet are for the 135-140 range. Then about 2 years ago, menopause hit with a vengeance and weight loss has been just about impossible since. So there sits 75% of my closet contents, just a bit too small, and I live in about three pairs of pants. All the rest are about 10 lbs out of my reach.

But I'm working on it!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345