Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: No going back now - Clothes Purge! page 4

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Our church has a donation bin so I rounded up items from both my husband and myself and got rid of them recently. Many of my tops and sweaters are still wearable, they just look better on me now that I'm not so buxom. The pants had to go. I had been wearing them baggy for a while but have donated the 14s and the 16s and just kept the 12s. I'm in 10 jeans now but the 12 dress pants don't look bad and I don't have to run out any buy new. Mostly I buy on sale at Penney's or Walmart, or I pick things up at Salvation Army or Goodwill if they are better brands. It is SO nice to look in a full length mirror and like the woman I see there. Still getting used to being slim. It seemed slow during the ten months I was losing, but now when I look back at the me from last Christmas it doesn't seem like so long ago for what I have accomplished. And the best part was that I didn't have to go hungry or eat "diet food." I love our meals and just laugh when people ask if this way of eating is sustainable!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I love your amazing success! I'm due for another round of purging. It's so liberating to bless someone else with the clothes and move on to a new stage of health in my life at the same time. I'm certainly not going to hang onto clothes "just in case" I get fat again.

Congrats!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

qurlybee is offline Junior Member
    For the ladies: it will save you some money if you invest in some free-flowing maxis! You can get them pretty cheap, and since they're not form-fitting, you can wear them a lot longer than pants, skirts, or tight dresses. Obviously if you have a really dramatic weight loss, it will probably matter, but I still wear some of the dresses I had when I was 30 pounds lighter because they are just a lot more forgiving. Hope that helps someone save some $!

Very true! I have some maxi skirts I've worn throughout the entire 50lb loss, and can still wear them - in another 10lb, I'd probably have to pin the side a bit, or wear a belly band to hold it up.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Part of the joy in enjoying a healthier lifestyle and wearing smaller clothing sizes is to recognize the success through the purchase or trade of some new or gently used clothing. I can't imagine losing 50lbs and being content wearing the same clothes. Most communities have some really great gently used clothing shops that generally have some great stuff, if you've got the time to visit the shop regularly. I purge as soon as a piece of item looks baggy on me. Thankfully, my sister is one or two sizes bigger than me and so she has been thrilled with scoring some of my clothes. I'll have to find a new benefactor for my size 10 clothes, as I moved into size 8. Now that I've started crossfit, I'm not sure what my body composition is going to gravitate towards. I hope to add muscle, but hope to lose more inches --- and would be thrilled to get into a size 6. What I'd really love is drop from a size 11-1/2 shoe to a 10 but alas, I don't think primal is going to result in that type of loss!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Don't worry; I have new (and new-to-me) clothes, too. Nothing wrong in still loving one piece that is gorgeous and been with me all the way up and down again!

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    I have to admit, although I've been primal for a year and a half and have lost most of the extra body fat I intended to lose quite awhile ago, I haven't purged my closet. I have a lot of clothes that were too big even before I lost a little bit of weight, so now they are mega-huge, and I have no idea why I can't make myself get rid of them. I just need to be rational and realize (happily!) that these clothes will NEVER fit me and that there is no point in them taking up space in my already overstuffed closet.

Let them go to someone else who does need them and can love them while you can't.

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    I was diagnosed with diabetes and went low carb about 8 years ago. At that point I shrank from a 16W to a 12. I maintained for four years, then the weight slowly started creeping up again (I didn't change my eating--it was menopause). I missed some of the things I had purged, particularly a heavyweight knit flannel buttondown shirt from Orvis.

Finally primal is what works for me again, and over the last year I have lost over 25 pounds and am back down to a 14. I'm very glad I saved pants in all the sizes in between and the smaller sized shirts. My priniciple is that if I think I would still want to wear it 5 years from now, I keep it. If it is less classic and is going to look weird 5 years from now then I give it away.

qurlybee is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Luckily my wardrobe consists mostly of maxi dresses and skirts
    I can't wait until those dresses and skirts just fit better! The first thing I'd purge is my collection of cardigans to cover my beefy arms, back fat, and that annoying fat above my armpits. When I can trade some of those in for bandeau tops, I will be shouting all through this thread!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast