Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No going back now - Clothes Purge! page 2

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I broke down recently and started purging my pants to the salvation army. Since starting primal, I have dropped from a 46 pant to a 40. My 40s are getting a bit loose too...My goal when I started was to get back into 38s, which I haven't been in more than 5 years and it has been so easy that I am going to have to reevaluate my goal before too long.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Several times I've started a thread offering the clothes I can no longer wear to someone who needs them but every time I've erased it (not sure why). But I recently gave them to a large family (ha!) who really, REALLY needed them so I don't feel too guilty.

A clothing exchange on here would be a FABULOUS idea! I have tons of clothes in various sizes and vacuum sealed plastic bags just waiting for me to get down to those sizes, so every month or so I do a wardrobe purge. I'm not sure what I'd do without the securiy of those stashed clothes.

When I hit clothes sizes that the family-in-need cannot use (lots of ages and sizes in that family) I really will post it here... I pick up lots of nice stuff in Greenwich,CT area tag sales so some of those clothes are really nice!

It took a long time to get used to wearing clothes that FIT instead of the baggy ones I kept wearing.
    Last edited by KerryK; 09-19-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    There must be enough folk on here in the US who live close enough to start a swap, no? I've no idea how you would organise it though :S

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    I bought two pairs of new jeans, nice brand, size 9&10 (different styles) and ditched everything bigger because these looked good. Couple weeks later they were too big, sooooooo annoying. A belt keeps them up but the effect is disappointing because they are loose. I have kept them, because they are the nicest things I own, but I live in the size 8s that I picked up from the op shop for $1 each. (Too scared to spend money again in case I either regain, or drop more by accident).

johnmjoy is offline Member
    A few weeks back, I took advantage of the Connecticut sales tax holiday on clothes to buy a few pairs of cargo shorts, 34" waist. Now they're too big.

Since the weather's turning colder, I've had to resort to wearing 30 year old, grungy and faded BDU trousers because none of my pants fit. (I tried on some trousers when shopping for the shorts - mountain biking + martial arts = big thighs, so those that fit OK in the waist tended to be tight in the legs.)

primalswan is offline Senior Member
    I just purged too. 4 trashbags full of clothes went to Goodwill, 2 tubs of nicer designer jeans, etc went to Rubbermaid containers in the garage and I will get rid of them eventually. I haven't been this small since I was in college and that was 15+ years ago. It still doesn't quite feel "real".

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I am 5' 3" female. I've lost 30+ lbs. over the last 15 months on Primal and more importantly bunch if inches and lots of body fat. I went from size 12 to now size 4.
    I purged my closet months ago and gave away a lot of clothes to my mom and sister.
    I still have some cool size 2s from places like Ann Taylor and Banana Republic from long time ago that are tight on me. Maybe one day soon. If I'm never able to fit into them, not a big deal. I'm still very happy with what I've accomplished.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I generally donate clothes, and I really don't buy many when I'm in the process of losing weight. That being said, I still have a bunch of smaller clothes in my wardrobe that I don't fit into, but will when I lose more weight, which will help fill in the gaps when I get too small to fit the stuff I've got now. I've even got jeans that I bought in the US when I was 20 that I'm aiming to get back into (I'm 39 now ). They're great sizes compared to the Australian ones (that don't have as many leg lengths), so they're longish on my very short self, but I can wear them without having to take them up or roll them up! Of course, I haven't fit them in a looong time, and I can't WAIT to put them on again! (I almost fit into them 10 years ago after losing weight after my DD was born, but never could do them up... and then I put on weight again ).

I like the idea of clothing swaps etc. BUT I'm kind of fussy about my clothing styles, so I don't know how it'd work. I mean, it's great to get clothes, but if they're the sort of thing you don't feel comfortable wearing, it seems a bit pointless. I have a friend who's given me a lot of clothes and 90% I'd never wear, just because they're not MY style. (My style is actually very simple... plain sort of stuff... it's the flowery/frilly/dressy stuff I can't bring myself to wear).

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Best way to do it, leave no comfort zone to fall back into!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    i sold four pairs of size 42 lucky brand jeans on ebay last week. net for that was 120 bucks. im still planning on what to buy with that. i am actually only in 40's but they are getting loose. 43 pounds gone

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast