Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where The Heck Are Your Carbs Coming From? page

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member

Where The Heck Are Your Carbs Coming From?

Shop Now
    I'm not really trying to increase carbs or anything, since I feel great eating about 70% fat, work out hard all the time with no issues, etc., but I'm just wondering how people are getting like 200g of carbs eating Primal. I thought I ate a decent amount of carbs today (ate a couple of huge meals, lots of veggies, some berries, etc.), and when I plugged it into FitDay it was still a 60g carb day. I don't eat a lot of fruit besides berries, just the very occasional apple or banana on a heavy lift day, but even that is pretty rare.

I guess I'm just wondering where these carb totals come from that I see people post.

Side note: FitDay takes FOREVER to input all my stuff. Is there a faster site to calculate? I only put a day in every couple of weeks just to check if there's more stuff I should be eating, but it's a pain.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I can get a little overboard on fresh organic fruit... tree fruit especially.
    Oh, and nuts. I love nuts. I think they are a bit carby... not terrible.

I've been mostly sticking to < 100 grams per day.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    1 lb of Korean tteok gets me to around 200-300g pretty quick.

I've also had fructose binges on 2-3lbs of cherries/apples/peaches/etc. = 300-400g

On normal lifting days I eat 1 lb of sweet potato and that gets me to 100g.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Kumara (sweet potatoes), yams (who knows what *that* is in your part of the world), and bananas.

Edit: Added a pic of what I call yams: yams.jpg
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    there are lots of ways. When I just eat the leafy-sorts of veggies and 1 piece of fruit (berries or orange or apple or two kiwifruit), then I'm around 80g. When I also eat kumara (sweet potato) or squash, then it goes over 100. It would not be difficult for me to get 200, just by eating a bit more fruit on a day where I also have kumara and squash. Though, that would be a very rare day because that doesn't sound that fabulous.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I eat close to 300g a day. Potatoes, dairy, bananas, berries
    Billie trips balls

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Cronometer.com is fairly okay for tracking. It has a few glitches, but it's free so whatever. It seems pretty fast.

There's been a shift in my eating lately. Just low carbing (like under 50 grams) because I'm not hungry for carbs. Yesterday, I "binged" on raspberries, and I still stayed just below 50 (so not that big a binge, but about three times more than I'd usually eat in a sitting).

I was going to splurge today and eat a white potato with my steak. Totally wasn't in the mood once the steak was grilled. I'm sure this will cycle out and I'll be more in the mood for veggies other than greens, but for right now I'm just letting my body do its thing.

Root veggies are a bit carby as is white rice. Fruits other than berries and citrus are fairly carby. Also, I guess people who work out hard carb out once in awhile.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I don't track carbs... some days I imagine are quite low, others more moderate.
    I have a serving, maybe two, per day of raw milk.
    Occasional rice... a couple times a month.
    Winter squash once a week or so.
    Other than than just the lower carb veggies...
    I don't eat potatoes/sweet potatoes for personal reasons.
    When summer fruits were in season I ate them... cherry season had a couple of big yummy binges.
    Honey Crisp apple season will hit soon, and I'll have one of those here and there as well. I simply cannot resist a fresh juicy Honey Crisp!

I don't worry about it much either Low or slightly "higher"... I always feel fine.
    Although rice this week left me feeling bloated a bit.
    Since I have so few choices for clean carbs (no potatoes), I felt I would try adding it in... Bleh.
    Previously I was only eating it when I went out for sushi.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I get my carbs from starchy squashes. I love kabocha. I don't eat much fruit so my carb sources are all vegetables.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    I found daily plate better than fitday. Sweet potato & squash are good for upping up carbs. If not it's plenty of veg and a bit of fruit at each meal.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast