Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where The Heck Are Your Carbs Coming From? page 4

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Exogenous sources of root vegetables, non-startchy veggies, and fruits

Endogenous conversions of fat and protein to carbohydrate as needed.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    What did you pour a 1/4 cup of honey on?
    directly into my mouth
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    directly into my mouth
    Cool, my teeth would hurt

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Also, sometimes ripe black plantains... Lawd, how I LOVE a ripe black plantain brushed with coconut oil and baked in the oven until golden brown, and sweet, and delicious...

*sigh*
    Now I want some maduros!
    *drool*
    But I don't have any.
    And if you know anything about plantains, it's that you don't just go to the store and but them ripe/black enough to cook.
    You have to buy them yellow/brown and wait a week.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Also, sometimes ripe black plantains... Lawd, how I LOVE a ripe black plantain brushed with coconut oil and baked in the oven until golden brown, and sweet, and delicious...

*sigh*
    Now I want some maduros!
    *drool*
    But I don't have any.
    And if you know anything about plantains, it's that you don't just go to the store and but them ripe/black enough to cook.
    You have to buy them yellow/brown and wait a week.
    if you put 'em in a brown paper bag, you can speed that up. particularly in spring & summer. i, too, am plantain-obsessive. i love 'em green, yellow, or full-on ripe.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    White rice for glucose - and I don't care for fructose. Sweet potatoes are a nutritious compromise. Cooked plaintains are too. Why is anyone still debating this shit?
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    if you put 'em in a brown paper bag, you can speed that up. particularly in spring & summer. i, too, am plantain-obsessive. i love 'em green, yellow, or full-on ripe.
    I walked over to my Puerto Rican neighbor's house and begged. Bless her soul! She keeps about a case in various stages of ripeness.
    I got my fix! Two perfectly black, sweet, ripe plantains. One for me, one for husband.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I eat mine with a spoon.
    Haha, that's awesome! I ate somewhere between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup of raw honey a few weeks ago. It was amazing.

Anyway, I eat LOADS of carbs. I have probably six to seven servings of fruit per day, as well as white rice, sprouted sourdough bread, yogurt, raw honey and maple syrup. I was doing lots of potatoes and sweet potatoes for a while, but my body seems to not want those as much anymore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234