Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where The Heck Are Your Carbs Coming From? page 2

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Others have already mentioned what I would have said. I struggle really hard to keep carbs low because I want to eat all the above. But I am only about half way to where I need to be, so I count, and therefore limit. Maybe some day I wont
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Root vegetables, fruit, fresh dairy. It easily adds up to 150 g if you don't eliminate it.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Potatoes, sweet potatoes, squashes, root vegetables, other veg, fruit, white rice, dairy, sometimes a little honey or maple syrup in a treat (masala chai with a touch of honey as an example).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Dates and figs can bump the total up quickly. Bonus that both of them taste good with savory items such as cheese or even ham or bacon. Cut date, remove pit, fill with cheese, close date and nom nom nom.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

merryish is offline Senior Member
    I stay pretty low carb, but the ones I do get tend to come from fruit (cranberries and green apple in a primal chicken salad most days), nuts, and very dark chocolate. I'm not a big leaf-veggie fan and I don't go out of my way to get them into my diet, so the plants I usually end up eating have some carbs -- usually sweet potatoes, avocados, cauliflower, broccoli, tomato, onion, bell pepper. Sometimes a carrot. Then there's dairy -- I'm trying to phase that out, but I still put HWC in my coffee in the morning and haven't managed yet to get the cheese out of my eggs.

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I don't eat a lot of fruit, so most of the time I get them from Root vegetable, mainly potatoes, cassava, or plantains because of their low fiber content (or so i've read) but not in a lot of quantities. Yesterday my professor gave me a weird fruit he founded in a tree around campus. Velvet persimmon or something, and tasted great so i ended up eating 3 of them. That might have up a little bit lol I got kind of dizzy.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    raw milk!
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    About the only way I can get my carbs above 50g is if I eat sweet potatoes. The main fruits I eat are berries, and occasionally an apple. I don't like bananas at all.

I use sparkpeople.com after having problems with fitday.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    It's so easy to get 200 g carbs a day just by eating starchy veggies. I rarely go up to 200 g a day. I think this also depends how much you weigh. If you track your caloric intake and trying to lose body fat it's hard to get up to 200 without compromising the rest of you macro intake for the day.

Personally for me I feel the best at 100 to 150 a day sometimes just under 100 but never at 50 or less.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    here's a typical day's worth of carbs for me

it's not hard to reconcile the pyramid with carb-dense foods.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast