Thread: Just discovered plyometric L-sits. Ab death. page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Just discovered plyometric L-sits. Ab death.

Shop Now
    Was doing plyometric dips and tried something new. Got into an L-sit at the edge of my porch railing and popped myself up into the air, repeatedly shuffling to the left a few feet, then went back to where I started. Legs held out the whole time, slightly bent at the knee. Killed my abs, afraid of cramps now. But it felt awesome. Try it! Hands pronated, turned slightly outward with body weight mostly on the outside of the hand, fingers slightly over the front of the surface. Back straight or slightly curled to keep legs up? Both felt fine.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    These sound cool but I wonder if the wrist is designed to absorb this type of impact. It seems pretty unnatural to me. I also wonder if there is any benefit to these plyo "wrist crushers". Plyo weighted dips... (shudder). Don't get me wrong, I could be way off base; it just seems sort of weird.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    These sound cool but I wonder if the wrist is designed to absorb this type of impact.
    I doubt it's an issue for people who have stronger forearms and wrists, kinda like having weak ankles.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Oh, hadn't thought of that! Yes, I have huge wrist bones and can jump up and drop into a push-up from standing without a problem. My elbows also don't straighten completely so I can just reach out my arms to take any impact. YMMV.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html