Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I reset my cortisol?? page 3

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Leptin reset did not help me.

I did see a website where you can plug in what time you need to wake up and it will tell you the "best" times to go to sleep, so that you are not trying to wake up in the middle of a circadian rhythm. It helped me. Also, forcing myself to wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends, made a difference. I have to wake up at 5:30 to get done what I want to get done. I just do it, no snooze, I go straight to the coffee. Still not easy, but once up so worth it!

When my kids were young, I used the tv as a reward in the morning, if they got up and got ready and ate breakfast and there was still time they could watch until it was time to go, but they both had to be ready. I also didn't bother to nag or tell them to hurry, before they knew how to tell time I did give them a countdown (10 minutes to ETD, etc). I just told them that we leave at 6:45 (or whatever your time needs to be), being late is not an option, so if you are still in pj's, haven't eaten, what ever, that is how you go to school. They knew I was serious, never tested me on it, but I would have let them go to school in the pjs.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Right now, I get 2-3 18 packs, so 3-4 dozen eggs each week. I eat three, DH eats 2, DS (age 5) eats 2. I need 25 eggs minimum each week. If DS starts to eat them in the morning too, then I'll need 3 dozen. Not a problem, except on days when I don't get up on time. I think DH should be eating more eggs, but he says he's ok with 2...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Leida is offline Senior Member
    @demuralist: do you have a linkie for the website?

Tell me about that! Forever and ever I was making my hubby omlettes from 2 eggs and a touch of egg white (to make it fluffier without dairy), with some bacon and mushrooms or other vegg, and then my hubby is directing me to make what he actually makes for himself: Honey, I take a big pan, 4 or 5 eggs, some egg white, heat the butter, and pour them in while it's really hot, and scramble them. (Giggle).
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm not opposed to sending my kids in pjs... but they don't wear pjs... they're both heavy sweaters when they sleep, so they sleep in undies and with fans on them or they soak their pillows and wake up wet.

I have sent DS to school unfed. That was earlier this week, actually.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123