Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I reset my cortisol?? page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    jenn, I know what you mean. I do not have grad classes, thanks goodness, but scheduling is a big thing & eliminating the things that do not need to be done.

My ideal morning would be for me to get up early enough to get showered and ready (probably looking at 5 or 5:30), get my son up and dressed (ideally, 6:00), make him breakfast (ideally eggs and bacon and ready by 6:15-6:30), and be out the door by 6:45, ideally... of course, since my cortisol is all jacked up and all I want to do is hit the snooze button in the morning, it's impossible to make this ideal schedule work. And of course, if breakfast is ready and eaten by 6:30 he can watch cartoons without me yelling at him to get dressed every 2 minutes as he zones out at the tube, which is how things work now. He wakes up about 6:30, tries to watch cartoons and get dressed/eat breakfast all at once and it's non productive at best. The cartoons are on for my daughter who is usually already dressed and just waiting to leave. And heck, maybe I could even eat breakfast WITH him in the morning... It would certainly beat sitting my son down with a bowl of rice chex every morning, and I'm sure he'd approve of a different breakfast as well.
    I second PB's suggestion that TV does not go on in the morning. TV does phase people out. He can't multitask. Stress level is too high.

In addition I would have the table set up in the evening. When you get up, wake the kids and tell them to get dressed. While they get dressed, make eggs. Put aprons on them so they don't stain clothes. If they do, don't worry about it. They can wear a stain to school, nobody died from it as far as I know. Eat the breakky together... relax.

And, uhm, I am reluctant to bring it up, but a human being doesn't really need to shower every day. Once a week is plenty. I know it is a an odd concept for a Westerner, but yeah... if you can accept it, it will save you some time and aggravation.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    I have some thoughts. and you will want to test them out over time.

Exhibit #1. Melatonin <-- link.

Exhibit #2 Isocort

Exhibit #3 EndorphiGen

Exhibit #4 Red LED Light

Exhibit #5 DHEA

Exhibit#6 Pregnenolone

Exhibit #7 Vitamin D

OK so how does this work for me???

the red light allows my suprachiasmatic nucleus to align with proper circadian rhythms. When the sun goes down the lights go off in my house... candles or the red light. I do still watch my lcd screens (Shrug , so sue me)

The melatonin supplements my own, how do i know i need it, i am fat..... EOS (end of story)
    the endorphigen provides me a better brain chemistry than i would have otherwise...

So thus far i have corrected my circadian rhythm which will allow my own body to begin regulating my internal clock and align my sleep wake pattern.

Next i replace what is missing... i am extremely sensitive to stressors. watch the infomation on pregnenolone steal to understand in greater detail what i am about to summarize.

the Vitamin D will not only replace your low levels it will also modulate brain activity.
    the DHEA will assist to take the load off the adrenals by allowing all the availible endogenous pregnenolone to go to energy and stress factors.
    the extra pregnenolone will supplement the stress and energy factors and as the adrenals heal the theft of the pregnenolone will cease.
    once the adrenals come back online the dhea and pregnenolone can be decreased but ( in my own opinion) since we never really give up our current lifestyle it is not something you can just ignore.

the isocort is plant based cortisol and is an acute fix. use it either at 5 am or just after you wake to supplement your currently low levels of cortisol. timing is critical here.

last year my 24 hour cortisol production was skewed to mid day... i do not have labs to confirm this next assertion, but i do have my own personal observation to tell you that i bet it is much closer to correct if not spot on.

want more info, PM me
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Quelsen for the info. I appreciate it.

I am already taking D3. here is a list of what I take:

Stress B + Iron (1 tablet daily)
    Vitamin C (1000 mg daily)
    Cod Liver Oil (3 capsules daily)
    B12 (1 tablet daily - I know it's enough b/c my urine is BRIGHT yellow)
    Vitamin D3 (5000 mg daily - should I be taking more?)
    Selenium (400 mg daily)

Magnesium (250 mg nightly)
    Tart Cherry Capsules (2000 mg nightly)
    Probiotic (Jarrow original 6 strain 3.4 billion version - 2 capsules daily since I was out of it for so long)

What is the difference between DHEA and Keto DHEA?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    The Difference Between DHEA & DHEA 7 Keto | eHow.com

being a layman and having no lab references to go on i can only speculate as to what is needed.

here is how i think

Quality supplements only. assume anything you get from your local mega mart is krap. supplement maufacturers have a standard they may voluntarily follow which proves they are transparent. if your vitamins are not from a place which uses that standard, what are you taking.

Learn about what the supplement does. Learn how much you should naturally make.
    Example. Vitamin D. it is a hormone. not a vitamin.... it is a "storage" hormone, meaning you have a reserve in your body.... once you start tapping your reserve the metabolic processes which create the hormone vitamin d shut down....... meaning unless you refuel you cannot make your own no matter how much sun you are in no matter how long...

Sodium is another example. your body regulates it so that you wont ...... DIE..... if your sodium drops below a specific level your brain stem collapses... instant death.... the body will opt for edema before death... yet doctors will give you diuretics to force your body to release the water ( and the sodium along with it) so your body will drop your blood pressure and a shit ton of other things to compensate so that you ... dont... die....

My point being, you need to take the right amount for you. you need labs to do that. somethings are easy... eat the average human storage amount of Vitamin D if you are low, you dont need labs to do that , vitamin D isnt toxic at any known level. ( they will use the word toxic , but last time i check dizziness didnt qualify in my book as life threatening) that amoount by the way is 2 million iu.

if you look there are places that give you reference numbers for vitamins and minerals. because we live in America it is probably safe to assume you would use treatment levels for a while and not maintenance levels.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Thanks Quelsen. I have a lab order signed by my doctor but haven't gotten the draw done yet as I have to go to the hospital b/c the local clinic stops draws at 3:00 so the courier can get to the hospital by 3:30. Small town Iowa... So, Saturday and Sunday mornings are my options. Will try to remember this weekend that I need to have a draw done and to skip breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    And, uhm, I am reluctant to bring it up, but a human being doesn't really need to shower every day. Once a week is plenty. I know it is a an odd concept for a Westerner, but yeah... if you can accept it, it will save you some time and aggravation.
    Right now, I shower about 2-3 times per week. I try to make sure i shower the day after I run (I don't run far - 10 minutes max 3x per week right now per sports doctor's advice). My hair is kind of long and not shampooing it is kind of gross for the fact that my scalp is greasy and after a day or two my hair is gross. Plus, not at least conditioning it makes it impossible to brush...

Jenn, don't worry about justifying or explaining anything. Everything is for you to take under advisement and decide for yourself

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Jenn, don't worry about justifying or explaining anything. Everything is for you to take under advisement and decide for yourself
    True.

I know the average person doesn't need to shower every day, but someone like me might. I work around a lot of pretty disgusting "biohazard-ish" things and mass quantities of pollen, so I shower every day. But if I'm sitting around at home, then I don't need to anywhere near as often.

So it really does depend on the individual, as do most things in life.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

I managed to get up at 6 this morning - more out of necessity than desire. I fell asleep on the couch last night so I didn't get my lunch packed or my son's lunch packed or have any breakfast for today made up for me, so I needed to get up early today so I could fry up some bacon and eggs to take to work. I got up at 6, showered, had time to spread some coconut oil on my skin (heard it's good for keratinosis), made my breakfast and packed it up for when I got to work, and fried up a couple of eggs and sausage links for the boy. I expect him to have a good day at school with a good wholesome breakfast in his tum. We didn't get out the door any earlier, but there was no struggle to eat breakfast b/c he loves eggs and sausage! If we keep this up, I'm going to have to buy some chickens to keep in the backyard... lol

Heh, I buy 4 dozen eggs each week, so I have one 'back up' box, and we normally go through at least 6 eggs a day (2 each). Once in a while I can buy less eggs. It was harder before when the eggs were on sale if you got 3 boxes. I am happy that stopped because I was up and down between 0 and 6 boxes.

You are doing good, jenn, hope it works out for you and you can have a less stressful mornings!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast