Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Primal Primate's Journey to find his inner Grok page 17

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Low Day

Having a bit of a low day today - not losing the weight as fast as I would like and that has me a little bummed - When I started this journey I had hoped I'd be a lot closer to my goal weight by now than I am. In fact I'm further from it now than when I started - ironically enough! I was doing great at the start but since falling off the wagon and coming back to this lifestyle I can't seem to drop the weight like I was before. I think I have the changes in place that I need to make this long term but I have never been a patient person when it comes to the things I want. I want to be healthy and fit now not later - guess I needed to get that off the chest - acknowledged and now I can push on and preserver.

Tonight is my second attempt at the 5 minute kettle bell/body weight conditioning circuit - last attempted I was able to do 2 rounds and then needed to stop or throw up - hoping tonight will be better, I'd like to work up to 25 minutes or 5 rounds with 1 minute rests in between. I may also have to tighten up the reins on the eating as well - back to the basics - monitoring food intake and cutting out lots of the fruit and such. I recently added some salt back into my diet as well and have decided to cut all extra salt back out.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

Tonight will be BBQ chicken and salad for supper.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Wandering the Wild

I'm finding it harder and harder to do the primal thing these days. I find there are not enough hours in the day and those hours that are not swallowed up by work or other obligations are spent dragging my ass to and from work or going though the motions of life - both myself and my better half are often too tired or lack the motivation to want to cook or workout so as of late I have been increasingly straying from my desired eating plan and walking the edge of that downward spiral. I know this is a massive bout of resistance and I need to do battle with this inner demon but damn it's one tough mofo at times. I need to find a way out of this funk.

I wonder if Mark ever had days life this...
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you feeling glum, but never fear it will only be temporary and there is enough flexibility in the primal lifestyle to accommodate some less than ideal choices.

maybe you just need a rest from some of the hard out physical workouts.

It's easy to lose motivation with cooking but if primal ingredients are in the fridge you can still eat primal food, it just may be a lot more basic than usual and there's nothing wrong with that.

Keep on grokking on

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Primate View Post
    Wandering the Wild

I wonder if Mark ever had days life this...
    Only if he's human..... but we all know Mark is a Grok-god in "human" form!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hey PP, don't give up. You know how good this makes you feel. It's also real simple to just hop back on the wagon. Just eat one piece of real food and you're back on track. Then one meal, and see? you're grokking again.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've decided to end this thread and moved my journey and journal to a new thread - "Kensington Road: The Journal to there and back again."

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617