Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprinting! page

canuck416 is online now Senior Member

Sprinting!

Shop Now
    How many of you have truly incorporated sprinting into your Paleo fitness routines? If so how often, what distances etc. The attached article is great and relates to men and women, not just men as indicated in the title.

You are all familiar with the term "fat adapted", I believe it is equally important to become "sprint adapted" to maximize your Paleo results.

T NATION | Train Like a Man 5: The Real Paleo Exercise
    Last edited by canuck416; 09-19-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Forgot to mention, that I'm 60 and sprint twice a week - Sprint Day one - 1 mile warm up followed by 10 100 meter sprints and a 1 mile cool down. Sprint Day 2 - 1 mile warm up followed by 4 200 meter sprints and a 1 mile cool down.

6 Months Paleo photo 2.jpg

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Was sprinting regularly, now I'm scared to.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I can't yet. After a bad sprain, I'm just now at the point where I can walk 90 minutes and not have my ankle hurt. But I can't wait to start. Little old lady sprinting in the park - that will be me.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I was for a while, until it got so damned hot outside that sprinting made me want to puke. Now it's cooling down and I'm looking forward to starting up again. You may have inspired me to get started!
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I can't yet. After a bad sprain, I'm just now at the point where I can walk 90 minutes and not have my ankle hurt. But I can't wait to start. Little old lady sprinting in the park - that will be me.
    Sorry to hear about your sprain! When you are fully recovered and are able to start sprinting make sure to warm up with some light jogging and build up to maximum efforts over a couple of weeks. Your initial sprints should only be at about 70% of maximum efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I was for a while, until it got so damned hot outside that sprinting made me want to puke. Now it's cooling down and I'm looking forward to starting up again. You may have inspired me to get started!
    Great! It made a big difference in my energy levels and body composition, hopefully you will get the same results.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    as long as i don't have an injury, sprinting has always been the surest aspect of my fitness regimen. i usually did one day of actual sprints per week, and sometimes a second metcon day. i haven't done a good sprint workout in about two months though, after i pulled a hamstring, then pulled it again a month later.
    i just moved, though, and there's a track about a mile from my place, so i'm thinking i might do some 400m intervals with some 100m controlled sprints (the hamstring pulls seem to be related to digging in too hard) and see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    as long as i don't have an injury, sprinting has always been the surest aspect of my fitness regimen. i usually did one day of actual sprints per week, and sometimes a second metcon day. i haven't done a good sprint workout in about two months though, after i pulled a hamstring, then pulled it again a month later.
    i just moved, though, and there's a track about a mile from my place, so i'm thinking i might do some 400m intervals with some 100m controlled sprints (the hamstring pulls seem to be related to digging in too hard) and see how things go.
    Sorry to hear about you hamstring injury. I'm sure you know this, but I build up to all out efforts, my first sprint of the day (after a 1 mile jog over to the track) is at about 70% and I build up to all out efforts only after gradually increasing intensity over 3 or 4 sprints.

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    I'm currently sidelined from sprinting due to a broken toe. Prior to last Sunday, I was sprinting or doing tabata with my kettlebell at least once per week.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast