Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am hungry all the time page

klh39v is offline Junior Member

I am hungry all the time

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi there,
    I am not eating any flour, sugar, and etoh. Just trying to eat primal, animal proteins, fats, veggies...etc.
    I am finding that I am hungry all the time... I am on day 4.. will this pass??
    I am also tired...
    Thanks for reading
    Kim

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Are you eating enough food?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Hi there,
    I have the same starting stats as you... I am on day 4.
    I am eating 2 eggs, 2 Trader Joe's Bacon 1/2 pc Ezekiel Bread,butter, snacks are cheese, chicken, sausage w/ some veggies, lunch is 4 to 6 oz of protein, 1 TBSP fat, 4 to 6 oz of veggies, some fruit.. maybe I am not eating enough??

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Plug it into a calculator and count those calories, for awhile at least. Once you get the hang of what a day's worth of food will usually look like, it gets more natural and easy.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Hi there,
    I am putting it into the fitday ..logging everything in..so according to Mark's suggestions in the book for my weight p/f/cho ratios to loose... I am ok.. maybe I should up it a little?

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klh39v View Post
    Hi there,
    I have the same starting stats as you... I am on day 4.
    I am eating 2 eggs, 2 Trader Joe's Bacon 1/2 pc Ezekiel Bread,butter, snacks are cheese, chicken, sausage w/ some veggies, lunch is 4 to 6 oz of protein, 1 TBSP fat, 4 to 6 oz of veggies, some fruit.. maybe I am not eating enough??
    The two main meals quoted sound fine. But do you have no dinner? You have also got some snacks there, but the quantities aren't given and whether they'd make up for skipping dinner (if you do) ...

If you're feeling hungry, then that in itself suggests you're not eating enough.

The tiredness could be an effect of having less carbohydrate than you're used to. If so, that should pass as you get better at using fat for fuel. You could ease in slower by temporarily adding a little more fruit or some starch in the form of say sweet potato. Staying hydrated and making sure you have enough salt (and probably magnesium and potassium, too) seems to help the transition to low carb, as explained here:

The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.Tips & tricks for starting (or restarting) low-carb Pt II The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.

Hi Lewis,
    I am eating Lunch and dinner... 4 to 6 oz of veggies, 6 oz protein, 1 TBSP fat, and 2 oz of fruit. For snacks I will have 1 oz of cheese and some veggies.. maybe a red pepper cut up in slices, 1 chicken leg ( medium sized ) w/ veggies, 2 oz of hamburg w/ veggies.. today I had 2 TBSP almond butter and 2 celery sticks... it was not enough for me.. I need the animal protein...I also have a snack at bedtime ( what I listed ).. I am also eating about a half of a sweet potato or maybe 1 /4 cup of quinoa that has been soaked.. but those are the only grains I eat...

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I can vouch for more protein (and, of course, fat), personally. This all got a whole lot easier when I increased my meat per day. Yesterday I ate a pound of bacon and four eggs, a little frozen spinach cooked in the oil to soak it up, and a cup of coconut milk in my coffee. A little dark chocolate and some nuts rounded it all out - and I did steal an apple in the alleyway by my work. I usually put bone broth in with the spinach/veggies, but we're moving - so you know, everything is chaos.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klh39v View Post
    Hi Lewis,
    I am eating Lunch and dinner... 4 to 6 oz of veggies, 6 oz protein, 1 TBSP fat, and 2 oz of fruit. For snacks I will have 1 oz of cheese and some veggies.. maybe a red pepper cut up in slices, 1 chicken leg ( medium sized ) w/ veggies, 2 oz of hamburg w/ veggies.. today I had 2 TBSP almond butter and 2 celery sticks... it was not enough for me.. I need the animal protein...I also have a snack at bedtime ( what I listed ).. I am also eating about a half of a sweet potato or maybe 1 /4 cup of quinoa that has been soaked.. but those are the only grains I eat...
    Hi,

I doesn't sound like you're under-eating. I guess sbhikes and knifegill and I wondered a bit, since there are people on the boards here who don't eat much at all.

See what fitday indicates you're getting as you're using that. I wouldn't let yourself go hungry, if it's all good primal food then I'd eat enough to feel satisfied.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I was always hungry for the the first week or so... it passed. If I have one of those days now I just up my fat intake a bit. I don't really track what I eat and portion sizes, I just eat when I am hungry, if I can. I have been experimenting with intermittent fasting lately too. I wouldn't suggest that for you until you are fat adapted. A month or so... maybe, that's how long it took me. Even if you are doing this to lose weight I would suggest not limiting you primal food intake for a couple weeks just get used to eating lots of meat fat and veggies. My first few weeks I ate meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and veggies. That's pretty much it. Keep it simple for now. Later on I added in some fruit, potatoes, and dairy. Good luck!
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast