Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The last puff!! page

Jena is offline Senior Member

The last puff!!

Primal Fuel
    Today, about five minutes ago, I smoked my last cigarette. I searched this forum for quit smoking techniques and saw that someone posted about Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking. I read the book last night and this morning. That's it! I am done I thought about different ways to quit, I should've known that I would find the answer on here. I feel like this was one of the last real changes I needed to make and I did it! I am sure that the nay sayers will tell me that it's not that simple, that I will have to get through this and that before I am really a non-smoker, but I know I am done. I feel so relieved that I will never put one of those nasty cancer sticks in my mouth again. I am only 32 years old and I have smoked for 17 years! Enough is enough!! If I have bad moments this is where I plan to turn, so be ready to hold me accountable and remind me what a healthy, happy choice I have made there is no "if I slip up". I made a choice to be a non-smoker. I made a choice to become primal and I succeeded, I made a choice to finish school and I succeeded, I made a choice to get off all of my prescriptions and I succeeded... I just wanted to say that. Out loud where someone could see it. It's amazing what we are capable of when we just do it. No more trying for me... only doing Have a great day!!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! JMO, but it's more of a mindset than anything else. And remember, your body is clear of nicotine in about 3 days~ if you've ever had the flu or a cold and didn't smoke for a few days, you 'quit'~ you just didn't know it then.

Something I found helpful was having a glass of ice water close at hand. When I mindlessly reached out for a cig, the water was there instead and taking a sip helped satisfy that hand/mouth habit.

You can do this~ it's been 16 years for me.

highvibes is offline Junior Member
    I had tried the patch, cold turkey and also an anti-depressant drug to quit smoking (I was about 3/4 pack/day for 15 years)

I couldn't imagine driving anywhere or socializing or eating without the comfort of a Belmond "Mild" lol during or after. I seriously couldn't imagine life w/o those babies!

AND THEN I READ ALLEN CARR'S BOOK and EFFORTLESSLY (compared to my previous attempts) put out my last smoke and never looked back. That was in 2006, so you won't find a naysayer in me ))

CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Congratulations! JMO, but it's more of a mindset than anything else. And remember, your body is clear of nicotine in about 3 days~ if you've ever had the flu or a cold and didn't smoke for a few days, you 'quit'~ you just didn't know it then.
    Thank you so much! I completely agree, it is all about mindset and for the first time, maybe ever, I feel like I have the right one. I can't even remember what inspired all of this change, but I guess it doesn't matter! Congrats on 16 years of being smoke free! What an amazing accomplishment! I am looking forward to the benefits of quitting

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Great Job!! Quitting smoking was one of the hardest things for me to do but NOT smoking is one of the things that made the biggest impact on how I feel. Cigs depressed me, made me embarrassed, robbed my energy and my natural glow, and still it took me over a year to really and truly quit....that nicotine monster is a persistent little devil....glad you kicked him to the curb

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! You have made the first and most important step, having made the decision to quit. I agree it's all about the mindset. Similarly, after 12+ years of being half pack a day smoker on the morning of March 24 of last year I woke up and decided that my first morning cigarette with coffee that day was going to be my last one ever. And just like that it was.

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! As long as it's what you WANT to do, you will succeed. I used to smoke 60 a day (awful, I know), but suddenly decided to stop, and it was easy as it was what I wanted to do (I'd tried before, but for other people, not for me, and never succeeded). I took up tapestry as a way of occupying my hands, and ended up with a load of lovely cushions as a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by highvibes View Post
    I had tried the patch, cold turkey and also an anti-depressant drug to quit smoking (I was about 3/4 pack/day for 15 years)

I couldn't imagine driving anywhere or socializing or eating without the comfort of a Belmond "Mild" lol during or after. I seriously couldn't imagine life w/o those babies!

AND THEN I READ ALLEN CARR'S BOOK and EFFORTLESSLY (compared to my previous attempts) put out my last smoke and never looked back. That was in 2006, so you won't find a naysayer in me ))

CONGRATULATIONS!
    THANK YOU!!!! Thank you so much. The book really spoke to me and I really found that fits in with the primal blueprint way of life too! I am not a hard core smoker, but I did smoke about 10 per day. I would sometimes go for a day or two without even smoking at all, but as the book says, that can be even worse in terms of quitting. It fills me with hope that you were able to quit using the book also! I feel so relieved. I am sure there will be times when I will think about it still, but I will never doubt my decision and I will never find an excuse to smoke again!

Congratulations to you too!!!!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    You go Jenna!

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You can do it. I'm an ex smoker (socially mostly though when I did) and I would love it if my girlfriend would quit too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast