Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: almond milk coffee creamer? page

Brent* is offline Senior Member

almond milk coffee creamer?

Primal Fuel
    So I'm experimenting with making my own almond milk mainly for cream for my coffee. Does anyone know a good recipe for a almond milk that is slightly sweet and could be combined with black coffee? I'm staying completely off dairy and sugar for a while and am trying to think of sweet substitutes. I'm thinking maybe medjool dates, vanilla, almond milk....

Just want to get the right proportions and after googling didn't find much on a almond milk coffee creamer.

ps - not a fan of coconut milk which is why Im' trying almond milk. I have never had home made before.

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    from memory almond milk was very watery and very expensive. most recipes i have seen have not been much more than water and almonds. the original coconut coffee creamer recipe i have made from a can of coconut milk, some coconut oil, an egg and some vanilla. i dont like coconut taste either so i always use deodourised coconut oil. in theory you could sub the can of coconut milk for some home made almond milk and use deodourised coconut oil and the egg and vanilla still?

Brent* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    from memory almond milk was very watery and very expensive. most recipes i have seen have not been much more than water and almonds. the original coconut coffee creamer recipe i have made from a can of coconut milk, some coconut oil, an egg and some vanilla. i dont like coconut taste either so i always use deodourised coconut oil. in theory you could sub the can of coconut milk for some home made almond milk and use deodourised coconut oil and the egg and vanilla still?
    what is deodourised coconut oil? I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    i get organic deodourised coconut oil. you may call it something else where you are as i am not in the US. it prob is refined but it has no coconutty taste. i originally got some as i had to bake some cookies for a school camp that had to be dairy and gluten free and i wasnt using vege oils. it actually bakes like butter which is useful. i also use it on my hair and my skin and as massage oil as it doesnt smell like coconut. except maybe to the dog lol but nothing is deodourised to him.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    I make almond milk to use for creamer in my coffee too. To make it thicker/creamier, I use 1 cup of sprouted (soaked) almonds to 2 cups of water. I don't put anything else in it because I like the nutty flavor by itself. The recipes I have for almond milk all add dates and vanilla for the sweetness. Not sure how much you'd need though, but I'd guess add to taste.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    When I first switched to paleo/primal a couple years back, I tried almond milk.. it was inadequate. I used heavy whipping cream for a while and eventually switched to just drinking it black. It only took about a week for my palate to adjust.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    I know you said you don't like coconut milk, but I just made the Pumpkin Spice version of this coconut milk based coffee creamer yesterday: Homemade Dairy Free, Paleo, Sugar Free Coffee Creamer Recipe

Honestly, this stuff is a win in every way and I plan on making it again and again! (On a side-note, I am a black-coffee drinker, but this time of year I love me some pumpkin spice. This is far better than anything Starbuxxx can give you!)

Coconut milk will really give it a creamier consistency than almond milk will and, honestly, you can't taste any coconut when you add the date paste and any extracts/seasoning you want.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

RDC
    RDC is offline Junior Member
    MissJecka

Do u have the recipe for the creamer. Sounds good.
    RDC

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    RDC - If you click on the green colored words in her post that will take you to the recipes.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I just use stevia drops for my sweetener, and almond milk for my creamer. Nothing special. It's not as yum as real cream would be, but I'm allergic to dairy so this is my compromise. I just am not into black coffee, and coffee is the one vice I haven't been able to convince myself to give up.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast