Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freezing after exercise

Question Freezing after exercise

Shop Now
    Does anyone else get cold after exercising. Generally after an hour afterwards I'm freezing. Today I went and got a blanket and wrapped it around me for an hour or so. Sometimes when I go directly to work I'll need a sweater or when someone accidentally touch me they'll ask me way I'm so cold. just curious. I live florida so it's definently not cold here.

Yep. It has happened to me. Can't say why it happens, but a warm bath or shower helps. Also something warm to drink helps, too.

Not freezing for me -- sleepy. Thursday is deadlift day. I'm usually fading by 8PM -- but I'm old.

it's usually the opposite for me, unless it's a winter hike or something. exercise is my sure way to get and stay warm for a few hours if i'm cold. i wonder why it affects people so differently, and if it could be a gender thing...assuming those of you who are cold are women.

I'm pretty warm for quite some time after exercising...and I usually take a cold shower afterwards too. Hmm...
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

Googling cold after exercise has turned up some interesting answers: not hydrated enough (the most prevalent answer), you pushed too hard, Why do I feel cold after running?: Injuries: Runner's World Forums travenue's post (fourth post down), low blood sugar - there are others, but too complicated to list here.

As I've said I have experienced this, but not recently. It was a bigger problem when I first started running 5 years ago. Perhaps my body has adjusted to working out. I also remember that when I first started, I wore the clothes I had had for years and had no current type wicking workout wear. My bra was cotton and stayed moist, which didn't help during my cool down, because I would get too cold and stay that way. Changing what I wore helped a lot, but not completely; however, I've noticed that I no longer have the problem of feeling chilled after exercise.
    Last edited by Lynna; 09-19-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Yes I sometimes get cold. If you are in Florida I'm sure you are sitting in air conditioning which feels too cold all the time to me. Sometimes I feel cold just because of salt on my skin that has dried from the sweat. Washing it off warms me back up.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

I don't actually turn on my a/c unless I'm going to bed otherwise I would be freezing all the time.

I do try to prehydrate before working out because my bp seems to drop if I don't.

Maybe I need a new workout bra. It's been awhile since I've got a new one. I do know the shirts I wear are about three sizes to big from weight loss and there fairly soaked when finished .

Feeling cold and/or sleepy can be a sign of excess histamine release post-exercise. That can be a symptom of excess inflammation or other factors.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Shop Now
    Does that mean I'm allergic to exercise. How would someone lower their histomine level during exercise .