Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal of a lifelong seeker... phaselow page 7

missennah is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for stopping by my journal and your sweet comment Later I will read your journal and see what your project is about.

Take care
    ...The grass is always greener where you water it...

Lost 35 kilos and 121 centimetres since 25 May 2012
    My journal

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freedom.please View Post
    Sorry to hear about your frustration, I realized my previous post probably did not sound very empathetic. I hope things turn around and I would like to add that I think considering the situation you are handling it extremely well. Feel better, you sound like a very tough gal
    Nah, I didn't take it that way at all. I'm mostly trying to justify my eating habits right now to myself.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Hump day! Er, Wednesday. Thought I should clarify since I've seen quite a few threads about 'is this primal?' regarding sex.

My regular decaf with ghee/heavy cream at 6am

I ate breakfast today at 9am. I wasn't planning on it, but the bacon/ground beef/onion/cabbage/caraway stir fry smelled so good and made me hungry. Instead of standing over the pan and likely eating too much, I made a bowl. I

2c stir fry
    1/4 c amber cup squash

Now I am too full. I'm not used to eating this time of day, but I was concerned I would just inhale baked goods at my MIL's house when I go in an hour.

Time to get the dogs out for a run. I hope the dog park is dry. Not in the mood to bathe to wiggly creatures.

Still not feeling well. I think a visit to the MD is in order. I cancelled my last visit because I thought I was getting better. With my MIL dying from ovarian cancer, I am a bit freaked out that my abdomen feels swollen. Hmmmm. I will remind myself that I am a highly suggestive gal.

Dinner:

1.5c amber cup squash leftovers

I just don't feel like eating but i wanted to finish the squash off. My suggestible self feels a bit better this evening. We almost started the house on fire at MIL's today. Those polyester throws don't mix well with lit candles. I think our MIL's spirit is already messing with us. We were having too much fun out in the living room instead of fussing over her. You'd have to know her to appreciate that! *sigh* Either way, I think FIL has had enough of the activity in his home.

Speaking of FIL. He is a heart attack and quadruple bypass survivor. Personally, I think the bypass 10 years after his heart attack was due to the mega amounts of trans fats he ingested to avoid saturated fat, but who knows. The perfect cardiac rehab patient from the standpoint of Conventional Medicine. I am concerned about the effects his statins and the long term (20 year) very low fat diet has done to his brain. He is beyond the point where he will allow any measurable fat to enter his body. I thought he was going to vomit when I told him how much butter I used each week in the house. He would be appalled by how I ate. I do worry about him, though. I wish I could get him to eat some coconut oil or avocado or something. Sometimes I work it into the foods but not in huge amounts because I respect his choice. What to do? What to do? Nothing, really.

Snack:
    1T frosting don't ask
    Last edited by PHaselow; 10-17-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Well, the rain knocked the remainder of the leaves off of the beautiful maple in MIL's front yard and MIL died at 2am. We had been watching that tree and thinking it was damn symbolic. The bright amber leaves started falling off pretty much the moment she walked in the door last week after checking herself out of hospice AMA to come home to die. She was one hell of a strong woman.

So, I had my morning decaf with ghee/heavy cream at 5:30 am, along with a rousing cram session for 6th grade Language Arts! Poor son on the Autism Spectrum has to memorize all this stuff he'll probably never use. Did a pretty good job, though!

I'd love to go back to bed, but the remainder of the day is calling. Time to do all of the thing I failed to do over the past week. That includes a visit to the doctor for me. Blech

Late breakfast (10am)

Big bowl of beef/bacon/onion/cabbage stir fry. Probably 4oz beef and 1 slice bacon.

Spending some time alone thinking about Joan. She was my go-to person for any alternative medicine conversation. She had tried gluten free and healing medicine after her cancer returned, but it was too late. Most others in our medical/legal family think I'm a bit wacko. I will miss having a solid believer at the dining room table! Off to go see how grandpa is doing. They were married 35 yrs and he seems a bit lost. No surprise.

snack:

fell victim to the chocolate cake! I NORMAL sized piece is all I ate. Just didn't feel like explaining to my grieving FIL that I didn't want a piece of cake. Food is Love, right?

Dinner:

huge bowl of raw vegetables. That sounded so good.
    uh, a piece of key lime pie? I didn't eat the vast majority of the crust. I'll be happy when the social jamboree calms down
    Last edited by PHaselow; 10-18-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    **hugs**

Thinking of you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    **hugs**

Thinking of you and your family.
    Oh, thank you! We are hanging in there. It was time. Home hospice is a great way to work through grief and say good bye.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

For some reason I feel like I need to call this Day One (again).

The past few weeks have thrown circumstances outside of my control my way. I've made excuses for why I cheat almost daily and I think I just need to start over. Last week I ordered "It Starts With Food" and opened it last night. I know The Whole30 was just recently completed, but it is never to late to do my own!

Unfortunately, I have been unable to exercise for the past 12 days. I have a drug resistant infection or injury that makes more than a walk painful. Tightening my abs to lift weights even feels uncomfortable. Off to Urgent Care for the first time in my life.

Before I go:

decaf with ghee/heavy cream

Lunch:

2c broccoli slaw salad with 1/2 avocado, 1oz cheese, 2T raw pinenuts, 2 slices crumbled bacon and a warm bacon grease/olive oil/ACV vinaigrette. Some pink sea salt and YUM! 2oz left over steak with 1t butter.

Of course, tonight I have more family Jamboree dinner plans. We are going out, but luckily to a restaurant that caters to local fare. I know I can get at least a gluten free, protein rich meal. I was not willing to say I'll start tomorrow.

Snack:

1/2 c almonds, dry cherries, cheese cubes
    1/2 c PaleoPeople 'granola'

Craving carbs today. I think this works out to about 40g carbohydrates. Guess I'll be having meat for dinner! My lunch salad was about 20g so I am done for the day.
    Last edited by PHaselow; 10-19-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    PH, every day I get up I start as "Day One"... on some days, I start each hour new! What happened an hour ago doesn't matter, what might happen later today doesn't matter. Just go with "right now"!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    PH, every day I get up I start as "Day One"... on some days, I start each hour new! What happened an hour ago doesn't matter, what might happen later today doesn't matter. Just go with "right now"!

I hope you're feeling better soon.
    That sounds good. It is hour by hour at times.

I made the mistake of searching the internet with my symptoms. I am worried that I've developed Interstitial Cystitis. Basically a chronic inflammation of the bladder that seems to run the gamut of mildly annoying to debilitating. Augh. I'm actually holding out hope that I have some nasty injury or infection. Funny how that seems like the positive outcome!

I have some things I can do at home, but I miss my classes and my runs. No way I can do either right now. Even walking the dogs gets cut short because I feel the need to pee or painful pressure. I'm going to look into an elimination diet if they cannot give me answers. Maybe I can reduce inflammation? I guess I'm putting the cart before the horse.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Loooong day! I drove to and from Peoria, IL today for a cheer competition. 8 hours round trip. Augh. Travel can be tough with food, but I did fine.

5am: decaf with ghee/heavy cream

lunch:

chicken breast with 1 strip bacon/melted swiss
    very small salad of lettuce/tomato
    1/2 c potato salad (I think it was mostly mayo!)

Snack:

banana

Dinner:

very large half of a kabocha squash
    2oz dark chocolate

And the love affair with winter squash continues.

I think I might have a prolapsed bladder, or the beginning of one. Gross. I'm off to do some research about it and to see if there are any ways to help. Most likely, a trip to a urologist is in order. I am wondering if my heavy weight lifting led to this; was the tipping point for an issue that was lurking (perimenopause is a bitch)? It certainly can make an existing prolapse much worse. Great. How did cavewoman deal with this?
    Last edited by PHaselow; 10-21-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast