Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal of a lifelong seeker... phaselow page 2

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Skipped a day:

I can't even list the food I ate yesterday. It is all a blur. I was with non-Primal friends and family all day and decided to just roll with it. I ate a ton of food, mostly Primal at first. Then the frozen custard stand appeared on the horizon and I found SAD Jesus.

I wasn't mad at myself for going overboard. I don't look back and say I binged or I lost control. I just made the choice to stuff my face with crap yesterday. I stayed gluten free (I think). Frozen custard, tons of smoked salmon, steak, honey roasted nuts galore, M&Ms, peanut butter/chocolate things, etc. Listing it all out now I feel sick! I don't even like M&Ms.

Man, do I feel like shit today! I slept poorly. My taste buds feel dead. My gut is not happy and I really do feel depressed and/or agitated. Weird.

I am going to fast today. Enjoying a cup of decaf coffee with a small amount of ghee/heavy cream, though. If I get super hungry later then I will eat. But, for now, I feel like I need some detox.

On a happy note, my husband agreed to getting another foster dog! I haven't had one in the house since June. Jett, the 4 month old black lab mix, comes on Wednesday from down south. He will be very temporary, as we think he has a home waiting for him in Madison. I am psyched! Husband just asked me if I want to go walk the dog (our dog). Uh-oh. It usually means he wants to talk. Let's hope he wants to tell me how lovely I am.

What I learned from yesterday is that eating SAD isn't worth it. Just isn't.

What I am also realizing while journaling is that I did indeed lose control. Damn journal!

Today is a new day.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

DreamHealth is offline Junior Member
    Well i guess we're just going for progress and not perfection, and that's okay. I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly appreciate the honesty. I'm impressed with your ability to just "stay calm and carry on" so to speak by deciding to fast today and take care of yourself, as opposed to saying "blew it, I'll start again Monday".

Take care!

Yesterday, reviewed:

I felt very drained and agitated until about Noon. Busy Sunday with the kids didn't make for much fun.

I wasn't a bit hungry until about 6PM. I ate a few bites of a cabbage salad and tasted the (totally kick-ass) lamb tagine I made for Monday's dinner. No interest in eating. It wasn't a forced fast, just not hungry. That is a change for me. Typically, I would restrict myself out of punishment. Yesterday was more along the lines of intuitive eating. I like that! Yay, me.

I'm still not too hungry this morning. I had a BP coffee (ghee/heavy cream; only about a generous tsp of each) but I think I'll hold off until after I get back from the gym.

Trying to get in to see the chiropractor before my strength class. My scoliosis (S curve) has been bugging me since I flew in an airline seat for 4 hours that would not recline. I'm short, so the seat fits me in such a way that my head is pitched forward. My neck/back have been getting progressively worse for the past month. Yesterday I noticed my ulnar nerve is now numbing up my pinky and palm. I remember those days from cycling without gloves. Forearm also sore. Time for some serious adjustment! Today I will watch what I lift; probably go quite easy. Curses.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Trojan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    Skipped a day:

I can't even list the food I ate yesterday. It is all a blur. I was with non-Primal friends and family all day and decided to just roll with it. I ate a ton of food, mostly Primal at first. Then the frozen custard stand appeared on the horizon and I found SAD Jesus.

I wasn't mad at myself for going overboard. I don't look back and say I binged or I lost control. I just made the choice to stuff my face with crap yesterday. I stayed gluten free (I think). Frozen custard, tons of smoked salmon, steak, honey roasted nuts galore, M&Ms, peanut butter/chocolate things, etc. Listing it all out now I feel sick! I don't even like M&Ms.

Man, do I feel like shit today! I slept poorly. My taste buds feel dead. My gut is not happy and I really do feel depressed and/or agitated. Weird.

I am going to fast today. Enjoying a cup of decaf coffee with a small amount of ghee/heavy cream, though. If I get super hungry later then I will eat. But, for now, I feel like I need some detox.

On a happy note, my husband agreed to getting another foster dog! I haven't had one in the house since June. Jett, the 4 month old black lab mix, comes on Wednesday from down south. He will be very temporary, as we think he has a home waiting for him in Madison. I am psyched! Husband just asked me if I want to go walk the dog (our dog). Uh-oh. It usually means he wants to talk. Let's hope he wants to tell me how lovely I am.

What I learned from yesterday is that eating SAD isn't worth it. Just isn't.

What I am also realizing while journaling is that I did indeed lose control. Damn journal!

Today is a new day.
    Ahhh ..I feel your pain. Nothing like a day of SAD gluttony to make us run back for our clean healthy eats. If I never see another peanut butter cup, it will be too soon. Bleech! Do you often catch cold or feel sick after a day back on the SAD diet? I really do!

B
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Muscle weighs more than fat and scales are evil.

Back for another dose of accountability:

IF until about 11AM except for decaf with small amount of ghee/heavy whipping cream

Lunch:
    Huge salad of broccoli slaw with 1/2 avocado, raisins/raw pine nuts and 1T macadamia oil
    8-10 raw macadamias

snack:
    Large PrimalPac (jerky/mango only; didn't feel like eating nuts)

another snack:
    4 oz left over sirloin with 2T butter
    2oz dark chocolate (70% and 99% mix)

dinner:

kick ass lamb tagine!

I have been taking probiotics (now Florajen3) for several months now. Trying to do it daily. I'm certainly dealing with candida from my sugar habit. Also taking 5000 IU D3 and 1 wild Oil of Oregano capsule for the short term to hopefully keep me from getting the nasty cold my husband caught.

Feeling OK. Had the energy to go for a 3.8 mile run with intermittent sprints in addition to my 50 minute work out class. I didn't lift as much as I normally do because my neck is still bugging me. At least yesterday I had feeling in my right pinky! That's an improvement.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Trojan is offline Member
    Glad you're feeling better and check you out...back on the accountability horse Well done! Those primal packs are SO nums!
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Tuesday. Gorgeous Tuesday! Indian Summer is here.

Sat around early in the morning with my husband. Watched him make a 4 egg omelet, and give 2 yolks to the dog. I asked him to save them for me next time. He just isn't willing to hear me about eggs and fat and coronary artery disease. Granted, he is an MD and I was a police officer. He needs to see the double blind, placebo controlled studies published in a peer-review journal AND handed to him by a Cardiologist or other MD before it draws more than a sigh. I guess I won't kill myself presenting an argument. So, he continues his statin and his regimen. He looks fantastic, I must say.

Me: IF from about 6:30PM-10:30AM except for a large decaf with some ghee/heavy cream. I'm really liking this BP coffee.

Lunch: large serving of lamb tagine. I think I polished off 1/2 lb lamb stew meat. 3 oz dark chocolate with 1T peanut butter.

What is it these days with me and peanut butter? I was making some cookies for my daughter's football buddy for homecoming on Friday. I had to try a bite of the cookie. It was way too sweet. A bite was good enough.

Dinner: Large salad with greens, egg, macadamia nuts, raisins, veggies and a dressing of warm bacon grease/macadamia oil

Went to the gym at 6PM. Almost didn't go since I was late (traffic; picking up kids from activities). I'm glad I did. Despite the neck issue, I'm feeling pretty good. My stamina has increased back to about where i left off in January. My strength, however, has not made it back yet. Happy I can run a few times a week without suffering the next day.

I don't expect myself to be perfect with Primal eating, but I do wish I could stop eating chocolate. Stop buying it, you say? Ah, that's why you're the experts and I'm struggling.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
    Glad you're feeling better and check you out...back on the accountability horse Well done! Those primal packs are SO nums!
    PrimalPacs are worth EVERY penny! The convenience. The quality of the jerky. The dried mango. Oh, yum indeed.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    What are your gym routines like? just curious
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Trojan is offline Member
    I'll tell ya one thing...I will NOT buy any nutter butter product and keep it in my house. There is no..1 teaspoon here or there. There IS jar, spoon and me. period.
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast