So I've decided it's finally time for me to start one of these. For those of you who aren't familiar with my story a link is post below on my signature as well as before and after pictures. I'm really headed down a new exciting path in my life as I'm working on getting into school and training to join the military this time next year. Not only over the last 10 months of eating a paleo diet have I made amazing progress, I've also learn a great deal about what it really means to live a healthy lifestyle. I'm very happy with my VLC high fat diet, have a great exercise routine, and have made a switch to using all natural-homemade products such as deodorant, toothpaste, lotion, ect. Been doing the Baking soda wash and ACV conditioner for my hair for about a week now and am loving it. Not only is much less expensive, it's all natural and I don't have to worry about those pesky chemicals leaking into my body.

As far as my diet goes, right now it's totally geared toward towards body building...or as I like to refer to it, "body sculpting" I'm a big advocate of raw dairy and I feel including it in my diet was literally one of the best things I've EVER done for my health. I drink a little over a quart daily and I also enjoy kefir, yoghurt, cream cheese, butter, ect. I eat a LOT of pastured eggs as well. I also happen to be a red meat coinsurer But anyways that's the bulk of my diet. Raw milk, eggs, fish, poultry, red meat. I'm not a big fan of vegetables so I don't eat many of those except for things like onions, garlic, mushrooms, and fresh herbs that I enjoy. Used to love sweet corn when I was a kid, this summer I had maybe 2 pieces? I used to eat a lot of those things in my higher carb days and when first starting paleo as these things are advocated. I use to force myself to eat all those things because I felt I had to eat them. I'm a big fan of Dr. Greg Ellis's work and he see's no nutritional need for fruits and vegetables. I do love fruit, but I tend to stay away from it because fructose is basically a key that turns on body fat storage and it's just bad news for building muscle. I mostly enjoyed local tomatoes and wild muscadines that I gathered myself this summer. I get all my necessary nutrition from meat, eggs, and milk as wells as a nice variety of antioxidants from drinking herbal teas, supplementing coconut oil, and adding unsweetened cocoa powder to my morning drink of milk and eggs. I also read the book "The Fat of the Land" this summer and was absolutely amazed by the fact that the inuit have lived on all meat forever and ever and ever. They certainly didn't have any problems. I also find fiber really irritates my digestive tract.

As far as exercise, last November I began walking, something I still enjoy today. I find it very calming and it helps me get my mind off thing. Most days this summer I walked roughly 5 miles daily. Now I'm walking 3 miles a day with a 30lb weighted vest. I started lifting in late February and I have only taken a 2 month break from that when I was living in Auburn, AL with my brother. I stayed in shape doing Mark's PBF program, sprinting, and walking. I enjoyed Mark's plan for a little while, but I just wasn't cutting it for me. I was having to do vey high reps for intensity which I just hate. I also really don't care for planks. I'd rather do big, heavy, compound lifts. Which brings me to a new program I started just this morning, stronglifts 5x5. I was a little skeptical about it at first and especially starting with just the bar. But I got in there and really enjoyed myself! I don't mind starting with just the bar as it's helping me rework through proper technique and form. I know that progressive loading is going to give me a great deal of strength. I also like the notion of doing just three different compound lifts for five sets of five. When I first got in the gym, I was the guy who really didn't know what I was doing, had no plan, and built one around what everyone else was doing and what little I knew. I got stuck at my max outs and was overtraining, sometimes six days a week! Failing to plan, is planning to fail as Mehi says. I'm also doing a great deal of swimming now as I'd like to be a rescue swimmer for the coast guard. Planning on putting some air into the tires on my cycle so I can do something lower intensity on off days. If your not familiar with the strong lift routine it looks like this:

Train three days a week: Monday, Wednesday, Friday alternating workout A and B. Five sets of five reps each
Workout A: Workout B:
Squat 5x5 Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5 Overhead Press 5x5
Row 5x5 Deadlift 1x5

Every workout you add 5lbs per lift starting with the bar with the exception of the deadlift. You add 10 lbs every workout for 1x5

I warm up with some quick bodyweight calisthenics:
Push-ups, pull-ups, dips, hanging leg raises

If anyone has any experience with this type of training, I'm really wondering if I should be doing some front squats and incline bench to slightly change it up?