Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Most informative, least biased article on pros & cons of Soy I've ever read page 8

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    What???

Excess sugars... from where... we don't eat processed sugars.
    Vegetable oil??? NOoooooo!
    Chemicals??? Not if we can avoid it... Organic as much as possible. Wash fruits and produce.

What on earth do you thing we eat around here. Jeeeezus man, no wonder you post weird stuff.
    You have no idea what this forum is about.
    Who said anything about processed sugars other than you? Again, stop adding words that I never said to your posts implying that I said it when I never did. Here is the quote I was reponding to:

"James I know that I have no studies or medical journals to back me up, this is all my opinion, but I know I am not the only person to have a gut feeling on soy. And no one knows how it mixes with excess sugar (of all kinds), vegetable oils, and other chemicals in our food."

So I have a little science lesson for you. Even the cellulose from a tree is a sugar. This does not make it processed. The sugar naturally occurring in fruits or vegetables is not processed. So its clear you are only interested in arguing, but know you cannot win in a fair playing field. So you are adding words to my quotes that I never said just so you can come up with some kind of argument.

By the way, cooking is a form of processing. So when you cook your foods you are technically eating processed sugars.

Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    I think you mean CAUSAL.

Sorry but that was really annoying me.
    No, I meant casual, which is perfectly correct in the sentences I used it in. Definition:

Casual | Define Casual at Dictionary.com

The person is using a vague connection, thus a casual link, between soy and demineralization of the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Yeah, well there's more goin on here that annoys me, but...
    Hey @JamesS, Ok, we get it, yer a smart dude. But try to lay off the condescending shite, & the name calling (pretty juvenile if its done consistently).
    I will tell you the same things I have told other people. I treat people the way they treat me. Treat me with respect and I will do the same. Start attacking me and I will respond with the same, but I NEVER start personal attacks. So if you want to bitch about the condescending shit, name calling or whatever then you should be addressing the ones who keep starting it. To go after the target of the perpetrators only promotes their behavior because they know they can get away with it and people like that love to join in on a feeding frenzy.

Also lay off the look-at-me-I'm smarter-than-you-intellectual-superiority chest beating & posturing, ok? Just know that other people aren't 'not-smart' around here too. Some of them are REALLY smart. Some are frickin' geniuses! And then there's the rest of us...
    If you do not like the way I post then ignore my posts. I am not here to say or prove I am smarter than anyone. But I take offense when people try to suppress my opinions or love to keep claiming I am wrong just because they say so. If I have to provide evidence to prove that they are lying about me I will do so. But again, if you want to clean things up around here don't go after the target of the trolls. Address the trolls that keep playing the games to start and escalate things. For example, notice how I have been a target since before I even posted my first post on this thread? Yet not even a peep from you about that person. Sorry, but it hard to take you seriously when you show such a strong bias against the target of the perpetrators instead of the perpetrators themselves.

Also, all the book knowledge and quoting medical PDFs & websites doesn't trump someone's personal real-life truth(s). Studies are great, but there ain't no better study that means more to me, than what's between my toes or up my nose. Anecdotal evidence IS real & it IS IMPORTANT to those who experience it.
    We will have to agree to disagree on that. I have spent to much time reading complete quackery like the so-called "liver flushes" on other sites where people claim to have these miraculous cures after passing more gallstones than the gallbladder and most of the body could even hold. But people still try it because they read some anonymous person's testimonial and sometimes they get hurt because they listened to the bogus claims and followed the advice. For example, I have read several cases of people lodging real gallstones in their bile ducts after doing these so-called flushes all because they decided to do a "flush" because someone claimed the saponified olive oil they passed were gallstones.

Ancedotal is fine if 1. It is real and not just made up sales hype. 2. There is some actual basis behind it.

If someone claims they were cured by ________ are you going to do this if you have the same problem just because someone claimed they were cured? If that's the case then I got rid of my allergies while living on soy milk. There is my factual anecdotal evidence. So if you have allergies are you going to start consuming soy milk to cure your allergies? Or would you rather rely on the fact that I was 5 years old at the time, the same age most children outgrow their allergies so the soy had nothing to do with it? Again, anecdotal is a fine and good if there is a basis for it and people can properly connect the dots as to why they got better. Its not always what people think it is, which is why studies can help find the answers.

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    You're actually so aggressive and condescending that I'm not even listening to what you're saying though, and I'm sure others feel the same, so you are failing at getting your point across.
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    You're actually so aggressive and condescending that I'm not even listening to what you're saying though, and I'm sure others feel the same, so you are failing at getting your point across.
    Again I treat people based on how they treat me. And I have seen people read more in to my posts than what was said, which also contributes to the problem. If people want to have a rational discussion then they should stop with the personal attacks on me and allow me to present my views without being attacked like everyone else gets to do.

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Again I treat people based on how they treat me. And I have seen people read more in to my posts than what was said, which also contributes to the problem. If people want to have a rational discussion then they should stop with the personal attacks on me and allow me to present my views without being attacked like everyone else gets to do.
    Oh, woe is you! You're just an oppressed little poster trying to help the non-soy masses see the light, huh? Dude, I haven't been on this forum that long and I already know you. I know exactly what you're going to say before you say it. You troll a forum, based in peleo eating, and pimp soy often times as a superior food source to meat, fish, and fowl. It doesn't matter how much research you do, you're not braking any ground. You're not original, nor an innovator accomplishing major medical breakthroughs. You write blogs, and when you're not doing that you pop in here and who knows where else..... plug "soy" in the search bar and find any new threads you haven't managed to get your name on yet. How do you think I knew you'd be here..... IT'S WHAT YOU DO! An agitator, digging around in a crowd of people you know for a fact are going to be apathetic at best, hostile at worst, to most of what you have to say. You could have your little debates if you had any measure of decorum, but you don't. If every thread that you post in ends in overt hostility..... odds are you are the lowest common denomonator. If everytime I got out to dinner, I get punched in the mouth...... there's a good chance I'm an asshole! Excuse me if I'm laughing my butt off here, but you're classic dude! I couldn't make you up if I tried.....

here's what's stuck in my head right now....

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2009_..._Moore_001.jpg
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    Oh, woe is you! You're just an oppressed little poster trying to help the non-soy masses see the light, huh? Dude, I haven't been on this forum that long and I already know you. I know exactly what you're going to say before you say it. You troll a forum, based in peleo eating, and pimp soy often times as a superior food source to meat, fish, and fowl. It doesn't matter how much research you do, you're not braking any ground. You're not original, nor an innovator accomplishing major medical breakthroughs. You write blogs, and when you're not doing that you pop in here and who knows where else..... plug "soy" in the search bar and find any new threads you haven't managed to get your name on yet. How do you think I knew you'd be here..... IT'S WHAT YOU DO! An agitator, digging around in a crowd of people you know for a fact are going to be apathetic at best, hostile at worst, to most of what you have to say. You could have your little debates if you had any measure of decorum, but you don't. If every thread that you post in ends in overt hostility..... odds are you are the lowest common denomonator. If everytime I got out to dinner, I get punched in the mouth...... there's a good chance I'm an asshole! Excuse me if I'm laughing my butt off here, but you're classic dude! I couldn't make you up if I tried.....

here's what's stuck in my head right now....

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2009_..._Moore_001.jpg
    Great example of what I was saying about people adding words that I never said claiming I said it.

Did I ever claim that soy is better than meat? Only in your imagination. By the way, I eat meat as well.

Do I push soy? No. All I have been doing is to clear up some misconceptions about soy. If someone claimed that methamphetamine was a narcotic and I pointed out that it was not this does not mean I am pushing methamphetamine on people. It just shows I care about facts, not assumptions.

The fact that you have to keep lying about me and attacking me to feel like you are making some progress in this debate actually says it all.

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    I have yet to participate in debate in any form..... Your rather charming personality long ago left me unconcerned with what you had to say and much more interested in how you chose to say it.
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You made blatantly incorrect statements about the nature of more than one bone disease. Until you get basic medical terminology straight, I think I'll listen to my oncologist rather than an herbal formulator.
    This just got posted on another thread but it is an interview with yet another doctor saying the same things I have been saying all along that Paleobird keeps claiming I and all my evidence from the medical journals and from the statements of other doctors are wrong just because she says so:

KGNU Calcium and Heart Disease 2010.mp4 - YouTube

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    I have yet to participate in debate in any form..... Your rather charming personality long ago left me unconcerned with what you had to say and much more interested in how you chose to say it.
    First of all you need to look up the definition of debate.

Secondly, if you were so unconcerned with what I had to say you would not keep reading what I wrote so you have an excuse to respond in a debate.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast