Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Most informative, least biased article on pros & cons of Soy I've ever read page 5

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    So Paleobird, why is it you keep ignoring my request to provide any evidence to show I am wrong as you keep lying about? You even went as far to claim that a statement I said was not what I originally said even though the earlier, unedited post, proves otherwise. Do you just get your kicks out of being a pathological liar or do you really have a screw lose and this is why you keep lying even in the face of the opposing evidence?
    Has anybody ever told you, you sound an awful lot like your supposed nemesis, Grizz?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Has anybody ever told you, you sound an awful lot like your supposed nemesis, Grizz?
    Two sides of the same SHINY little coin.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I don't have any evidence, and I'm uninterested in finding any.
    Thus proof of my earlier point of how some people are too lazy to do any actual research. So they just accept whatever bogus propaganda they read as their gospel.

I was pointing out that YOU had complained of suppression of such in another thread, but since it was on a pet topic of yours you spoke in favor of it that time.
    You also made it clear that you thought that contrary research was being suppressed. Here is your quote again:

"what about the big money effect that squashes contrary findings preventing them from being published?"

I have not seen any evidence to this so I asked you for some evidence it exists. Clearly it does not since you are now looking for an excuse to not provide any evidence.

You are trying to sell(as in make a pitch for or promote) something where it isn't wanted... kind of like bacon at a vegan convention.
    The people here are not interested in soy crap. *shrug*
    So you speak for all of the over 6,000 members on MDA. So now we have King Cori and Queen Paleobird who want to control everything that can be said on these boards and what people should and should not think. Sorry, but I am a free thinker. I don't follow the crowd nor rely on bogus propaganda sites as my gospel. I prefer to think for myself, use common sense and rely on actual research.

Now who seems ridiculous...
    Still you. Don't worry, you are in no danger of losing your title.

Also, it's very high in oxalates and I have personal medical reasons to avoid those.
    Ah, the old disproven high in oxalate myth perpetuated by Mercola, who also failed to do his homework. I addressed his myth previously here:

Soy's oxalic acid content

Note that many of the foods I have seen promoted here on MDA are higher in oxalic acid. Just more proof that people should do some actual research rather than trying to argue based on what they read on some bogus propaganda site. WOW, what a concept!!!

Same old Paleobird. Always responding with insults since that is all she really knows. People who really know what they are talking about respond with evidence to back their claims.

Paleobird Guest
    Same old Paleobird. Always responding with insults since that is all she really knows. People who really know what they are talking about respond with evidence to back their claims.
    People who care about your opinion bother arguing with you.

Oh, BTW, cori is a girl too.

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Betorq, I do thank you for posting the article.... it was interesting. Of course, as soon as I saw it go up I knew exactly what this thread was going to end up looking like. I only wish I'd taken more than 10 seconds to type up a prediction ...... I could've included so many more things. Particularly, the quote "I've dealt with the blah blah blah myth in a previous post here" That was an easy kill, I'm going to have to be more dilligent when making predictions on ANY AND EVERY post where the word soy is mentioned....
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

So you speak for all of the over 6,000 members on MDA. So now we have King Cori and Queen Paleobird who want to control everything that can be said on these boards and what people should and should not think. Sorry, but I am a free thinker. I don't follow the crowd nor rely on bogus propaganda sites as my gospel. I prefer to think for myself, use common sense and rely on actual research.

MDA forum is a support forum for people following Mark Sisson's "Primal" Diet which eschews legumes and soy, as well as other Paleo diets... that also eschew legumes and soy.

Still you. Don't worry, you are in no danger of losing your title.

I'm not speaking for everyone, just pointing out a painfully obvious fact... Primal/Paleo = no Soy

Ah, the old disproven high in oxalate myth perpetuated by Mercola, who also failed to do his homework. I addressed his myth previously here:

Soy's oxalic acid content

Note that many of the foods I have seen promoted here on MDA are higher in oxalic acid. Just more proof that people should do some actual research rather than trying to argue based on what they read on some bogus propaganda site. WOW, what a concept!!!
    I did not get my oxalate content information from Mercola, and have never even consulted Mercola's website for any information on it (onsessed much?), or any other out of date site. Which you did.
    That table is laughable at best.
    All it give's is a percentage, no information on serving size or how you might track intake. Useless.

I have a resource which provides the latest testing via reliable methods (older methods were inconsistent) and is constantly updated with new information. Soy is actually quite high, right up there with other "Extremely High" sources at the top of the list that I would not consider consuming at all.

Many other "Primal/Paleo" foods... which were weren't discussing... but I will assure you that I am well aware of are also high in oxalates and I do not consume them either or if they are only moderately high I consume them judiciously and with precautions.

Also...I assure you, I know exactly what I'm referring to with regards to a Low Oxalate diet...
    And I also stated that that was a personal issue.
    That has nothing to do with the fact that you are promoting something completely contrary to the Primal/Paleo lifestyle:Soy.

The Oxalate jab... that's just you changing the subject.
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-19-2012 at 11:58 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm flexible, I can be a King if he wishes.

Just curious why it is when I disagree with him and give NOTHING but my personal opinion about soy (ie, i think it's awful crap) that I'm "controlling the boards"?

All I did was point out that he is being a bit inconsistent in his own theories of Big Money squashing information if he says it is happening in one pet area but not another... It was just a thought on the subject.

And I really don't understand asking someone for evidence when all they did was provide their personal opinion in the first place. Defensive 101.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

People argue when they have no clue what they are talking about but want to pretend they do. People debate when they actually have evidence to back their claim since they have taken the time to do the research. The difference between us is that you consistently do the former as where I do the latter.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I did not get my oxalate content information from Mercola, and have never even consulted Mercola's website for any information on it (onsessed much?), or any other out of date site. Which you did.
    That table is laughable at best.
    All it give's is a percentage, no information on serving size or how you might track intake. Useless.
    Not useless at all. You claimed that it was high in oxalic acid, which the chart shows is untrue. Percentage is a perfectly valid measurement of level. Of course anyone proven wrong by the chart would disagree.

I have a resource which provides the latest testing via reliable methods (older methods were inconsistent) and is constantly updated with new information.
    And I am sure you have a magical unicorn as well. Of course we have not seen either one.

Soy is actually quite high, right up there with other "Extremely High" sources at the top of the list that I would not consider consuming at all.
    Quite high? So why doesn't it have that lemony flavor that plants high in oxalic acid like purslane have? Note, it is the oxalic acid that gives plants high in oxalic acid a lemony flavor.

Regardless, you are still overlooking another basic fact. Most of the oxalic acid will be lost by cooking, and more will bind to minerals so it is not in a tissue irritating free form. But this is a very common mistake among people who have no concepts of chemistry or know anything really about oxalic acid.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast