Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most informative, least biased article on pros & cons of Soy I've ever read page 4

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    Is it just me......? Argumentum verbosium comes to mind......

Anyway, we all know that soy increases estrogen levels right?

Hmmmmmmm...... 5...4...3...2...1...
    Any proof to your claims? Or are you just making stuff up to goad me as well?

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Betorq, thanks for the post, it was an interesting read!

And everyone else, haven't you yet figured out that you need to stop doing your own research and listening to all of your doctors, nurses, midwives, or whoever you get your incorrect medical information from and start blindly listening to our resident anonymous internet dude on the benefits of soy or fiber or whatever he's decided is beneficial? Why are you people being so difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Betorq, thanks for the post, it was an interesting read!

And everyone else, haven't you yet figured out that you need to stop doing your own research and listening to all of your doctors, nurses, midwives, or whoever you get your incorrect medical information from and start blindly listening to our resident anonymous internet dude on the benefits of soy or fiber or whatever he's decided is beneficial? Why are you people being so difficult?
    Should have known you would be trolling in. Just like Paleobird you just go around looking for fights instead of contributing to the conversation with some actual facts backed by research.

By the way, who finally won the debate you were having with the person in the mirror?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    Osteoporosis is not a loss of calcium and other minerals.
    Blatantly wrong.

Both osteopenia and osteoporosis involve decreased bone density. But it occurs for completely different reasons.
    OK, slightly more refined.

Your oncologist clearly has no idea what he is talking about. But that is a common misconception among many oncologists because they don't take the time to research the facts.

I did not make a mistake on either. <insert pouty face here>
    "Osteoporosis is a decrease in the density of bone, as a result of the loss of collagen, and thus of calcium."

Gee, where did we all here that fact recently? Ah, that's right I had just pointed out that fact. But according to you I am wrong.
    No, what you did was correct your initial incorrect statement and then provide a huge list of references to back it up trying to pretend that the original statement was never made. I'm not arguing with your later statements. You got it right eventually but it took a few posts to get to it.

The WAPF is a complete joke. Their ridiculous claims have been discredited so many times. And now they have Mercola as a spokesperson who has also made numerous discredited claims. I have addressed the bogus claims made by both WAPF and Mercola in previous posts. Again, this is an example of why I don't follow propaganda sites like WAPF and rely on real sources of research such as Medline.
    Yeah, we know, according to you they are the paid shills of the beef and milk industries. Yeahright.

Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Snicker. Yeah, the guy who preaches about the benefits of soy and the risks of eating beef on a Primal site

[QUOTE=Paleobird;957907]Blatantly wrong.

OK, slightly more refined.

No, what you did was correct your initial incorrect statement and then provide a huge list of references to back it up trying to pretend that the original statement was never made. I'm not arguing with your later statements. You got it right eventually but it took a few posts to get to it.

You just can't stop lying can you Paleobird? Let's see what I said originally, as can be found in post #15:

"Osteoporosis though does not involve a loss of minerals from the bones. Instead there is a lack of collagen matrix leaving less material for the minerals to bind to in order to form bone. It is like trying to build a wood house without a frame. What are you going to attach the walls to? The collagen matrix is the framework for the bone that gives the bones their vast majority of strength, and gives them the flexibility to absorb force. The minerals mineralize the collagen matrix giving the bones hardness and additional strength. If there is a lack of this collagen framework though the minerals have nothing to attach to and thus the person develops osteoporosis. "

As everyone except for you can see I am stating the same exact thing that you keep calling blatantly wrong, but in your last post you not only claimed I am blatantly wrong, but also I got it right. Clearly you are delusional and highly confused since I cannot be wrong and got it right in the same statement.

No wonder you have lost EVERY single debate against me where you tried to claim I was wrong. Same reason you keep refusing to post evidence to back your claims. You don't have a clue what you are talking about even though you keep acting like some self proclaimed expert. Experts though can back their claims with actual evidence. They don't just keep running around claiming everyone else is wrong except for them without providing any evidence like you keep doing.

So again I am calling you on the carpet. What exactly am I "blatantly wrong" on as you keep stating and where is your proof I am wrong? This is the second time in this thread I have asked and you have yet to answer other than to continue with the "you are wrong" claims. You have played the same game in other threads as well. If you want to be taken seriously you need to back your claims and stop claiming people are wrong just because Queen Paleobird says so.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yeah, we know, according to you they are the paid shills of the beef and milk industries. Yeahright.
    And I provided evidence to back that. You have provided nothing to counter it.

Snicker. Yeah, the guy who preaches about the benefits of soy and the risks of eating beef on a Primal site
    And again, I provided evidence to back my claims and you have done nothing but claim I am wrong only because you are a complete idiot that is too lazy to do the research to find out what is true and what is not. So in your own little world the only truth is whatever you choose to believe even if it has been proven wrong by overwhelming evidence.

Paleobird Guest
    So, James, how much does the soy industry pay you per post on this topic?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Blah, blah, blah...
    Soy sucks and tastes like ass... and we don't want to eat it.
    Thanks for your stellar 'help' though.

Also... what about the big money effect that squashes contrary findings preventing them from being published?
    You have complained about that yourself in other threads.
    But on this topic it's different? Even though there are bigger entities with even more money behind soy (The big M).
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

So, James, how much does the soy industry pay you per post on this topic?
    I work for myself and am not anyone's payroll. I just have this thing about the excessive ignorance some people display especially when there is no good reason for it. If people really want to educate themselves on such topics they could do some simple research to find out what the real truth is. But some people are just so bliss in their ignorance that they will not spend any time or energy doing any real research. As long as they read it in some bogus propaganda site that is enough to make it their gospel.

So Paleobird, why is it you keep ignoring my request to provide any evidence to show I am wrong as you keep lying about? You even went as far to claim that a statement I said was not what I originally said even though the earlier, unedited post, proves otherwise. Do you just get your kicks out of being a pathological liar or do you really have a screw lose and this is why you keep lying even in the face of the opposing evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Blah, blah, blah...
    Soy sucks and tastes like ass...
    What asses have you been tasting to compare the taste to?

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Also... what about the big money effect that squashes contrary findings preventing them from being published?
    You have complained about that yourself in other threads.
    But on this topic it's different? Even though there are bigger entities with even more money behind soy (The big M).
    Its easy to make such claims, but much harder to provide proof, especially if you are making things up. So where is your evidence that this is happening? I have seen research on both sides. How can that be if the research is being suppressed as you claim? Conspiracy claims are all fine and good if they are backed with evidence. But when people make such claims without any real evidence it really makes them look........

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    See, now I take that back...
    A good clean rim job tastes better than many soy products.
    Soy mostly tastes like poison.

You can eat my portion.
    I don't have any evidence, and I'm uninterested in finding any.
    I was pointing out that YOU had complained of suppression of such in another thread, but since it was on a pet topic of yours you spoke in favor of it that time.

You are trying to sell(as in make a pitch for or promote) something where it isn't wanted... kind of like bacon at a vegan convention.
    The people here are not interested in soy crap. *shrug*
    Now who seems ridiculous...

Also, it's very high in oxalates and I have personal medical reasons to avoid those.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast