Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bladder infection and D-mannose... has anyone tried this? page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracycoope View Post
    I heard kidney infections are unbelievably unbearable
    I once had a bladder infection that I *thought* I had gotten all cleared up with the cranberry all natural method. A few days later, I spiked a fever of 105 and ended up in the hospital with a kidney infection. It had just crawled upstream and settled in. Not something to mess around with.

To the OP, if you are not better really soon, go for the nuclear option and worry about repopulating flora later.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I once had a bladder infection that I *thought* I had gotten all cleared up with the cranberry all natural method. A few days later, I spiked a fever of 105 and ended up in the hospital with a kidney infection. It had just crawled upstream and settled in. Not something to mess around with.

To the OP, if you are not better really soon, go for the nuclear option and worry about repopulating flora later.
    I feel so much better today, but if I am not 100 percent by tomorrow I swear I will go to the doctor. Thanks... I definitely don't want a kidney infection!
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    For anyone interested in the D-Mannose, this is the product that I have used/am using...
    Amazon.com: Solaray D-Mannose with CranActin - 120 Capsules: Everything Else

When I got it initially and had a UTI at the time I took 2 capsules 3 times a day for 3-4 days... the UTI disappeared quickly, and I took the higher dose a couple of days after it was gone to be sure. While drinking loads of water too of course.

Since thin I have taken 1 capsule morning and evening and I have not had even a hint of a UTI in that time.
    I have been prone to UTI's since I can remember... since puberty basically. And adding the medication I'm on wasn't helping things at all.
    I plan to continue using this stuff as long as I'm on meds, and after that... it will always be in my medicine cabinet for UTI's.
    It really works that well IMO.
    I've been using for about... 7 months... and cleared up one UTI in that time (the reason I bought the product, it was my 3rd UTI since starting the meds) and I've had zero subsequent UTIs since staying on it.
    Even in a normal year with out the meds in 7 months I would have likely had another 1-2 UTIs...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Man, I totally forgot about this thread that I meant to update weeks ago. I took the D-Mannose about 4-6 teaspoons per day (a teaspoon every few hours or so) of the powder for about 4 days. It did work. The infection went away. I was pretty nervous about the possibility of it spreading to my kidneys, but it did not. I am not saying that everyone should go this route though... the kidneys are nothing to mess around with. I will also say that if it is an infection that you believe you have had for a few days already then just go to the doctor (not worth the risk). But I took a teaspoon of the powder and dissolved it in a small amount of hot water then poured that into my water bottle and just drank it normally. Once a day I also did this, but added honey to it and poured it into unsweetened cranberry juice. I think the combination of the cranberry, excess water, and D-Mannose knocked it out! I know the powder did play a big role because I have tried the cranberry juice and water without it and did not have success. Just thought I would let you all know how it turned out in case anyone has this issue
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    D-mannose is amazing!. I first read about it years ago when my German Shepherd was dying from a kidney infection that stemmed from an injury to her pineal gland. Antibiotics were not working. D-mannose saved her and gave her many years of healthy life. The vet occasionally calls me to ask me about it for other patients. My major menopause symptom was a tendency to bladder infections. D-mannose always cured me, sometimes as little as one dose. It is the sugar in cranberries that downs' t allow bacteria to adhere to the wall of the bladder, to the ureter, the urethra, or to get a foothold in the kidneys.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12