Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Natural remedies !!!!!!!!! page

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member

Natural remedies !!!!!!!!!

I am really getting into this lifestyle, and loving all things natural, however I wanted to start a thread where we could all share - how to deal with common ailments - naturally.

For headaches I use peppermint oil ! I put a wee bit across the back of my neck. Do not then rub any orafice on your body because the stinging will be intense ! The idea is that peppermint will cool the back of the neck, which in turn will cool the head, which in turn lessens the headache. It works very well

Do you have a natural remedy that you would like to share ????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    I've been treating sinus and congestion problems very successfully by gurgling cayenne, salt, warm water. Thanks for the headache trick, I just so happen to have a bottle of peppermint essential oil , not that I get too many headaches.
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    BennettC, are those sinus/congestion issues from allergies or illness? I know Neti pots are recommended to those with sinus pressure and post nasal drip (both of which I have), but I really dislike them. My issues are from allergies.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Wow Namelesswonder - I love the hair !!!! I seriously considered getting dreads a while ago, love the ones that are all oiled up ! But decided that I was too old for that sort of thing, and they can look tacky after a bit, but you go girl....love it !!!!!!!

...small steps....

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Wow Namelesswonder - I love the hair !!!! I seriously considered getting dreads a while ago, love the ones that are all oiled up ! But decided that I was too old for that sort of thing, and they can look tacky after a bit, but you go girl....love it !!!!!!!
    Thanks You're never too old for funky hair, I think you should go for it anyway!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

hmmmm, I shall ask the three year old grandson what he thinks. He says yes to everything !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    What a great advisor to have.

Favourite natural remedy: a drop of neat tea tree oil for any infected cuts. Clears it up within 12 hours at most.

A note about essential oils - keep them out of the reach of children and animals. Eucalyptus oil poisoning can kill a small child who drinks the 15ml bottle; tea tree oil poisoning from applying the oil to the skin can kill a dog.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    I always put peppermint oil across my forehead and temples when I suffer from headaches. It does help a little. I'll have to try the back of the neck and see what works best for me.

A friend of mine also told me to put a cold pack between my shoulder blades while putting my feet in hot water. I haven't tried that yet.

Gargling with salt water was recommended by my doctor when I had bronchitis. Cayenne would give that a zing. Saline spray for the nose also works wonders without side effects. But you shouldn't put cayenne in your nose I don't think.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    It's for sinus, I've recently quit smoking. But originally I picked up something from a buddy and it took me a while to recover as my lungs were so weak. I'll get em back though.
    @ Hilary- thank god you posted that, my dog has a rash and I looked up how to naturally treat it and someone recommended aloe w/ tea tree oil. No wonder it worsened the rash!
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

meeme is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good idea NZ Gwamma. I made my son a little dill seed pillow to put under his head when he felt under the weather which seemed to help and I can't tell you why. Silly thing to remember but he loved that little fragrant sleeping pillow. I benefit from lavender and will probably make myself a little pillow...I just love having the fragrance while I sleep.

Nausea can be a problem for people sometimes and I've found that grating or just cutting off a slice of fresh ginger and pouring hot water over to steep does a lot of good for an upset tummy. If nausea is an ongoing problem putting a thin slice or two in the jug while making sun tea works well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast