Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Natural remedies !!!!!!!!! page 4

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I rode horses as a kid and had lots of falls, bruises etc. Nothing like a 17 hand horse standing on your toe , or straining a wrist in a fall.

The whole pony club was put onto dock leaf by my mother. Everyone thought she was weird back then.

Dock leaf placed "Sunnyside up" on the bruise, swelling, sore spot and then wrap it up and leave it on overnight. Heals like magic.

Comfrey leaves are best for broken bones. Sounds crazy but lay it on top of the plaster cast.

The other remedy is koromiko (hebe). Chew on the young tips/leaves but don't swallow. Juice from the leaves is sufficient.

Apparently these are old maori remedies. Try the dock leaf after ice, it will truly surprise you.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Guys, do any of you have a natural remedy to lighten scars ????? Would lemon juice be worth a try ????
    thoughts please
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Ive heard emu oil helps with scars,ive never tried it for that but its great for skin and hair
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Babb915 is offline Junior Member
    Just registered to this forum , take a bubble !
    Last edited by Babb915; 11-01-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Ginger tisane for bloating. Simply take some cut up ginger and place in boiling water until the water turns an orangish-reddish color and you're done!

Drink.

Ginger increases the secretion of gastric acids and bile, speeding up digestion. If your bloating is water weight, the added bonus is that ginger is a bit of a diuretic as well, so this should easily help with that too.

All this and lest we forget that the gingerols and other polyphenols in the tisane are potent antioxidants and Ginger is a known vasodilator which means it widens the blood vessels, which lowers blood pressure.
    Last edited by Drumroll; 11-01-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Buckhorn plantain for insect bites / stings. I just discovered that this summer when I was out hiking and a horsefly bit me. I usually get a nasty itching bulge which lasts for days. I didn't have any stuff for isect bites with me and started to get worried, but then I remembered that my mom once told me that buckhorn plantain can be put on small cuts and bruises, and I thought I might give it a try. Worked perfectly, no itching, no bulge! At home I did some research and indeed it is recommended for insect bites.

blissfull is offline Junior Member
    A drop of essential lavender oil for kitchen burns and bee stings. I keep a bottle handy in a kitchen cabinet so it is quick
    to grab if I get a burn. The sooner you use it the better the results. Same for bee stings. It works so well you forget you
    were even burned (most of the time). I am not sure if it should be used on blistered/opened skin though.

D-Mannose for UTI's. Keeps the doctor away if begun at the very first sign of discomfort. Supposedly it flushes out the bad bacteria by not letting it attach to the walls of the bladder. Works great for me.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hi Guys, do any of you have a natural remedy to lighten scars ????? Would lemon juice be worth a try ????
    thoughts please
    G
    I've heard that helichrysum essential oil works for reducing scarring.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CelloIsLove View Post
    Drink one tablespoon of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar with a cup of water for:
    Indigestion
    Heart Burn
    Stuffy/Runny nose
    Headaches
    Bloating
    Grogginess
    Joint pain
    I love ACV as a remedy for stuff. Years ago I noticed that the whites of my eyes looked dull, not yellow or freaky, just not bright. Googled and found out about unfiltered ACV. Started taking the little cocktail in the A.M. (a little acv in water) and my eyes cleared up in a few days. That made me a believer. And since I love sour stuff, I don't need to add a sweetener to the cocktail. Oh, and it's perfectly acceptable to put it on salads, etc.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It was interesting when we were in Fiji, a few years ago. We were biten by something each night, which left awful welts and spots over our legs and feet. They iched like crazy. On our last day in Fiji, an elder from one of the tribes told us to rub vinegar all over the affected area. It stops the itching and heals the wounds. I have tried it since on wounds but not for itching. It worked well, althou salty water is better for infected wounds.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast